AirTran Virtual Airlines - Requesting Access to CPanel or Download All Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Al Lua

Reaction score
Dear x10 Hosting Services,

Recently, our website has been hacked (airtranvirtual.net), and now due to that, AirTran Virtual's website is now down and replaced by an Account Suspended page.

We ask that we have access once again to our CPanel, and please un-suspend our account. However, if x10 does not cooperate, we will request to download all of our data, and threaten to move to a new host.

Since this issue has been going on, and the owner and I have send 2 appeals, the first sent 3 weeks ago, and another more recently. We still have received no reply, which is heavily angering the owner and I.

Once again, if we do not get a quick response or have access to our CPanel soon for offering services and allowing our pilots to log hours with us, we will threaten x10 with the act of requesting a download of all our data and moving to a brand new host.

Sincerely,

Al L.

AirTran Virtual Manager

(Posted on behalf A. Strohmeier, AirTran Virtual Owner)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
While I cannot speak to the specifics of your suspension, I would like to draw your attention to two sections of the Terms of Service you agreed to when signing up:

6. System Backups
Backups are the sole responsibility of the customer. x10Hosting retains and offers backups to the customer but does not guarantee this service from failure. It is recommended all customers keep their own backups. Backups will not be provided to account holders who have been suspended for breaching the Terms outlined on this page.
and
8. Suspensions
If an account is suspended for a breach of the Terms outlined above the account holder will immediately forfeit all rights to the account in question including access to any and all files and\or databases located within the account. x10Hosting is under no obligation to provide backups in full or partial to an account holder that has been suspended.

If your account was suspended for reason, you are certainly free to set up shop elsewhere, but you would not be given access to download data or files.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Your Forum account was opened yesterday.

If you have a request, you must log in using the Forum account linked to the Free Hosting account in question and post under that name.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
As an addon to descalzo's message, I'm not seeing an active dispute for the site in question; I'm not entirely sure why, but this thread is being forwarded to administrative staff so they can look into identifying if an error is preventing the dispute from being opened.

That said, as it's apparent the dispute system isn't functioning for this account in particular, we can work it through the forums once you post from the forum account linked to the free hosting account in question, as this is the only way to confirm account ownership, and the issue that caused the suspension would require intervention on the part of the account holder to fix.

Al Lua

Reaction score
While I cannot speak to the specifics of your suspension, I would like to draw your attention to two sections of the Terms of Service you agreed to when signing up:

and

If your account was suspended for reason, you are certainly free to set up shop elsewhere, but you would not be given access to download data or files.

I personally was not the one who signed up for our account.

It was the owner, thus, it was he himself who had to read it, and he never mentioned it.

I will definitely state this to him.

Al Lua

Reaction score
Your Forum account was opened yesterday.

If you have a request, you must log in using the Forum account linked to the Free Hosting account in question and post under that name.

Apparently, according to our sources, there has not been an account opened under that account, and the owner personally asked me to use my own email to register for the forums, not his.

Al Lua

Reaction score
As an addon to descalzo's message, I'm not seeing an active dispute for the site in question; I'm not entirely sure why, but this thread is being forwarded to administrative staff so they can look into identifying if an error is preventing the dispute from being opened.

That said, as it's apparent the dispute system isn't functioning for this account in particular, we can work it through the forums once you post from the forum account linked to the free hosting account in question, as this is the only way to confirm account ownership, and the issue that caused the suspension would require intervention on the part of the account holder to fix.

The website is airtranvirtual.net, and from the owner and I, we have cleared caches and still no luck, to find the account still suspended.

I will definitely ask the owner to register for the forums, since he didn't want me to register under his email.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I will definitely ask the owner to register for the forums, since he didn't want me to register under his email.

You don't seem to get it.

When the site was created, someone had a free hosting account. You must log in using that account. Not one made in the future.

Posting the main domain name would help too.

Al Lua

Reaction score
You don't seem to get it.

When the site was created, someone had a free hosting account. You must log in using that account. Not one made in the future.

Posting the main domain name would help too.

Okay, this account I'm using is not the one we registered with. I've logged in with that account, and tried going to the forums, and no, it didn't work.

I did put the main domain name. It is airtranvirtual.net.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
When you say it didn't work, what do you mean exactly? The username linked to the hosting account in question hasn't been logged into at all recently, so I'm not sure what account you logged into.

Al Lua

Reaction score
When you say it didn't work, what do you mean exactly? The username linked to the hosting account in question hasn't been logged into at all recently, so I'm not sure what account you logged into.

You should see that we have attempted to log in with that account with the same email and password with the hosting account, and no success.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not able to view failed logins; the best I can suggest is to do a forgotten password request to restore access to the account. If that falls then I would use the form on the main x10hosting site for abuse so this can be handled by email instead. Please put in as much info as possible to confirm account ownership as well, mostly to ensure no further delays in resolving this.

Al Lua

Reaction score
I'm not able to view failed logins; the best I can suggest is to do a forgotten password request to restore access to the account. If that falls then I would use the form on the main x10hosting site for abuse so this can be handled by email instead. Please put in as much info as possible to confirm account ownership as well, mostly to ensure no further delays in resolving this.

All right, I will contact the owner on this.

AlexS.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Sorry for the confusion....I am the owner of the website that we are discussing here. Here is the exact problem.

About 1 month ago, a hacking group named the Indonesian Cyber Group hacked into my website, letting me know to patch it. When I tried to login into my cpanel to resolve the issue, I was told that my account was suspended. I left an appeal asking for access to it again to fix the malicious software, which is why my account was suspended, on my website. I never was gained access to my cpanel, or recieved a response from the appeal. I understand your Terms and Service contract I signed. If you don't relieve my suspension, which I understand why not, I kindly ask for a backup/all of my files from my website so I can continue on with my day. Please understand I am not the person who put malicious software into the website, and I am willing and/or want to fix the problem as much as you do.

Thanks for your time,

- Alex

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
AlexS: Unfortunately this is still not the forum account linked to the hosting account in question, which is preventing us from confirming account ownership. I'm not seeing any open disputes from the account either, which is the confusing part since we haven't been able to identify any problems with the dispute system (there's new disputes opening almost daily, so if it's having problems it's not affecting everyone).

At this point, the best I can advise is to move this to email and contact us through the abuse contact form, located at https://x10hosting.com/abuse . In the report, specify the account cpanel name and provide as much information as possible about the account, including the email address used to register it, so we can confirm account ownership; there's a question that popped up during a re-review that involves more than just the site having been compromised which we can only discuss with the account owner, which is why we're having to do as much verification as we are in this case.

AlexS.

Reaction score
Livewire: So your saying that my forum account says nothing about me owning the account? If so, then there must be something messed up. I'll email the abuse contact form ASAP.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
That's correct; the forum username linked to the hosting account isn't AlexS. or Al Lua, which is why we're having problems confirming identity. I'll wait for the email to come in so we can work this out further from there.

Al Lua

Reaction score
That's correct; the forum username linked to the hosting account isn't AlexS. or Al Lua, which is why we're having problems confirming identity. I'll wait for the email to come in so we can work this out further from there.

Seems like we are giving you a lot of trouble.

Many apologies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I have received the initial correspondence for this and have sent a reply; for now I'm closing this here since we're finishing this out by email.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Adding one last update, all issues resolved, account should be unsuspended shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.