AirTran Virtual Website Being Locked Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
The problem is the .wav file is not the one that caused the suspension - it's error.php, which does contain a proxy (a variant of PHProxy, as near as I can tell). There is also a second one in index.inc.php, although this one was a different variant but still PHProxy.

Unfortunately as I had advised previously, we wouldn't be able to lift the suspension a third time if the account was compromised again; with this being the third compromise, we won't be able to continue hosting the website at this time, nor am I able to restore access to make backups of the files/data on the account. I'm sorry it's come to this, but there's nothing more I can do as the exploit apparently still exists, and we can't continue to place the server at risk.

The best I can advise at this point is to start from scratch at whichever host you end up moving to; obviously something in the current install remains unsecured, and unless it's found and closed (or the software abandoned for something fresh), the same problem will continue.

Al Lua

Reaction score
I guess there is nothing for us to do now. I myself never knew there was those proxies; I shall consult the owner if he knew this.

Thanks for your help anyways...

Al Lua

Reaction score
:cry::cry::cry:

Not going well so far...

Anyone have any idea how to somehow get the attention of someone virtually who lives all the way across the country?

Al Lua

Reaction score
Tried texting, emailing, Skyping, Facebooking, finally got his attention.

Would we be allowed to create a new x10 account?

ace_case

Reaction score
The TOS states that only one account can be had per person, so I think technically, he could create a new account, but you could not. That being said, I would not create one until the website is 100% redone/secure/updated/etc. so it doesn't face something like this again. Also, prior to having it hosted here, (if you choose to update/fix or remake it) I recommend setting up a development environment on your own computer (using something like http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html) to ensure it works properly. I would also read the TOS and check Every file to be sure it is acceptable.

Al Lua

Reaction score
It was the owner who set up his hosting account, so I can use my email instead.

We'll definitely inspect each and every file before as well.

Just because I feel like it, may I just guess the answer to that riddle is the greenhouse is clear?

ace_case

Reaction score
I don't have the authority to say you can create another account, but I don't see where it says you can't. And yes, it is clear :D

Status
Not open for further replies.