All Free Server Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
All free servers have been moved to our new platform. We are now going through and fixing minor issues like Softaculous not working. We will also be recompiling the local PHP that your crons run on to add in PDO and some other things that went missing with the migration. There may be some minor outages while services are recompiled and restarted. I will post an update once this has been completed.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
We do not provide support in news threads... I wiped all replies since the majority of them were that.

We're having issues with updates and have an open ticket with cPanel, no progress has been made yet.

If you for some reason see the default web page error, clear your temp files and possibly restart your browser, it gets cached.

If you have questions specifically regarding this update that are NOT support related please post them, otherwise your post will just be deleted. We have a support section for a reason, this is not it.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
It will be the latest version of the 5.2 branch... 5.3 will be coming by the end of June most likely. There are some features needed for the local PHP version in order for some cron scripts to work. We're also looking at getting mono\cgi\perl etc to work again. Hopefully we get a resolution from cPanel so we can proceed.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
We will also be recompiling the local PHP that your crons run on to add in PDO and some other things that went missing with the migration.
Is there a list of the additional extensions to be added to the cli PHP? Would this include mysqli, mbstring and gd? Another user was asking about these in particular.

Progress! Huzzah!

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
That is correct Misson. We received a work around a few hours ago from cPanel, we will be testing it out tonight.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Excellent news. Thanks for the update.

conzone

Reaction score
super ! smashing !

I mean that BTW

Last edited:

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
the forum is a bit slow too..Think updates are going on everywhere.
Most times,I see certain kind of update goes on and many problems arise and support team becomes busy.
Hope everything goes good this time.

remy87x18

Reaction score
Xcellent to know. I remembered when my site went down, I thought I got suspended or something. Then I posted a thread, certainly there was a couple of dozen of users followed. That was when I realized I wasn't the only one, hehehe.

Status
Not open for further replies.