All my files disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

vokuheila94

Reaction score
Yeah, all my website files are gone. I don't even seem to have my public_html folder anymore. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary. What happened? Can someone help with this?

vokuheila94

Reaction score
This problem has not been resolved yet. All my files are still missing and website nonfunctional. The entire directory structure is nonexistent. I understand boru is going through some upgrades but it has been 2 days already. Is there a projected fix time?

vokuheila94

Reaction score
Could someone give an official statement on the status of the boru problem? My website has been 72 hours down now. Is this a backhanded way of making people upgrade to premium account? Even so, I'm willing to pay the money but please give my files back. I have no recent backup.

vokuheila94

Reaction score
Ok, I read the official statement on Boru and apparently everything is "up" now. However, my website still doesn't work and when I try to log into cPanel, I get this:

Sorry, we are not able to accept cPanel logins from your ASN or country of origin at this time.

Did you guys really block USA accounts? Can I please at least get my files and move to another hosting service. This is ridiculous.

vokuheila94

Reaction score
Someone PLEASE help me with this. It has been a week now. I read that Boru and Chopin should be up and running now with "no further downtime expected" but my files are still GONE and websites still DOWN. Is this just happening to me? Please I beg you guys I have no complete backups of my site and it will be a LOT to work to redo those parts. Is it possible to access the files by upgrading to premium??

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
During the upgrade of the Boru server, a relatively small number of accounts did not transfer. The Admins are trying to figure out what happened, but at this time they do not know exactly what happened.

In at least one case, the databases are still intact, but all the files are gone.

It does not look hopeful.

vokuheila94

Reaction score
THANK YOU for a reply at long last!

I can cope with the fact that all my files got deleted, but I just need a confirmation from you guys. I don't want to start work rebuilding the site only to find out the files are still there. When can I get a verification that my files are indeed deleted/still there?

Thanks

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
"They're gone" is what the admin said.

If you need your databases, those should be accessible for export/download via cPanel->PHPMyAdmin

We will have to terminate your current account since the problem also deleted files that cPanel uses to control your domain, etc. Then you can signup for a new account.

vokuheila94

Reaction score
Okay, signed up for new account. Waiting for processing now. Thanks for the response. Hopefully this does not happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.