Allow Akismet servers in firewall..

zapzack

Reaction score
When I go into the Akismet configuration in wordpress, it states that it can successfully connect to only 2 out of 4 servers.. It also says to "Please contact your web host or firewall administrator and give them this information about Akismet and firewalls."

Code:
Akismet server	Network Status
72.233.69.3	Obstructed
72.233.69.2	Obstructed
66.135.58.61	No problems
66.135.58.62	No problems

The only reason I'm posting this, is because when I have the Akismet plugin enabled, users cannot post comments on my blog. I think this is due to having 2 of the servers blocked.. It says that you must allow TCP connections on post 80.. And if you type "telnet 72.233.69.3 80" in a command prompt on your home computer, it works fine.. I would like to get Akismet fixed as it prevents a ton of spam from hitting my blog..

fatalvirus

Reaction score
I have just encountered the same problem. By searching through this forum I've found a lot of threads regarding this issue, yet it still seems to be broken.

Could one of the admins look into this and try to fix it please?

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
I have the same problem for a month already. After entering my API key (50% of the time it works), once I refresh, its gone and I have to enter it again. And yeah, no one can leave comments.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone PM me login details and steps to reproduce the issue?

-Corey

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Hmm I just tried again today and apparently all servers can now connect and Akismet works perfectly....