Am I able to host a "Youtube repeat" site on free hosting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

x9hotelx

Reaction score
Basically, a user would input what video they want to watch/listen to on repeat, and it'd automatically repeat.
Say, if the YouTube URL for a video was 'youtube.com/watch?v=videoid', all they'd have to do is change youtube.com to mysite.com, and it'd go to the site and repeat the video.

I'm not too sure if this is permitted to be hosted using x10 free hosting, so any answers would be appreciated.

brittbr2

Reaction score
I would say no because that's all copy righted and would cause you to use high resources HOWRVER I MAY BE WRONG

caftpx10

Reaction score
If it's embedding the video (like using the embed tags or iframe) then you should be able to, as YouTube obviously allows embedment of their video player.
I don't see how it would be copyright infringement and it can't affect the server performance as it's HTML being used and therefore the site visitor's resources would be used (their device) rather than the servers.
NOTE: Because of mod_security, iframes may give you a 403. If that's the case then it's worth making a thread about it so that it can be resolved.

Of course if it downloads the video and plays it then that would be something completely different and most likely not allowed, so personally I would stick with the first option.

Hopefully that should help you out. :)

About the URL structure. Are you sure you want to have it look like that rather than just getting the video ID? If so then that would involve something like explode() checking the video GET request. Be prepared to handle errors such as when there's no video ID in place or there's no 'v='.
You may know this already but it's worth pointing out. Having a HTML form in place when there's no GET request would be really useful.

Last edited:

x9hotelx

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I've got the answer guys.

Yes, the video would be embed. If it were to be downloaded, then I wouldn't bother creating the site at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.