Am I allow to share this on my site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
Ok, I see I am allowed to post up shareware software on my site. If it is shareware software, does it matter what it is used for?

I want to post Steam-Down

Conor

Reaction score
If the author gives the rights to anyone to distribute then it is okay.

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
That Steam-Down is not itself "Illegal Software"... It is shareware, although it does provide you with "Illegal" downloads. I believe I can share it as Connor said, if the author allows it to be shared then I can share it. :teeth_smi

Conor

Reaction score
Seeker_952 said:
That's a very fine line you are walking on
Ahh it is.

We will NOT allow anything that leads to illegal material. Sorry.

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
That sucks. You do have to own a copy of the game to use it, otherwise u cant play. That still considered illegal?

Jim

Reaction score
Steam-down and six-steam are both basicly a form of Crack or Warez patch for steam that allow you to trick the server into thinking you have purchased the software and allows you do download your games for free from steam. Even if you legally own the game, its still illegal. It violates the EULA and the steam subscriber agreement.

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
:rolleyes: They are not patches, you noob. and btw Six-Steam is nothing to do with Steam. Its a totally different client.

Jim

Reaction score
Noob? Wow. The worst insult ever. :/

Steam-Down patches into the steam process. I've only heard that six-steam does basicly the same thing as steam-down and assumed. And it's still not legal. :p

Jordan Knezevic

Reaction score
Jim said:
Noob? Wow. The worst insult ever. :/

Steam-Down patches into the steam process. I've only heard that six-steam does basicly the same thing as steam-down and assumed. And it's still not legal. :p

I'm sorry called you noob lol. I just felt like typing it. Anyways the difference is that Six-Steam is a totally different application. Steam-Down does not patch the Steam process. Steam-Down is a standalone application. Six-Steam is a standalone application but it is not same structure as Steam although it does steal your Steam accounts. :wink:

*Edit: Am I allowed to link to that site then? For uh... Informational purposes only? :wink:

Last edited:

Conor

Reaction score
You cannot host the file for download. Linking is another question.

Status
Not open for further replies.