Amateur Site

thesequel

Reaction score
Check out my site: http://thesequel.exofire.net/

I've done designs before but they've all been horrible. I think this one has turned out okay. I'd really like your opinion on it though. I still have to add spacing for paragraphs. Then I'll style some other tags (img, blockquote, code, etc.).

I know it's nothing fancy. Let me know what you think.

It might take a while for it too load because there is a huge picture in the content (testing stuff).

Last edited:

wongers

Reaction score
i love the artwork at the top, the logo and stuff, thats brilliant! i quite like where your going with the colour scheme too, not sure on the red roll over effect on the buttons. also the font on the link buttons is abit weird.

but yeah, some top stuff here :)

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
Nice Site! But the text size in navigation is too large

ChatIndia

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site is looking horrible because of your font-family choice. Use font-family: Verdana, Geneva, Arial, sans-serif; and font-size: small for body.

thesequel

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm going to change the nav's font. I'm not so sure about changing the fonts and having font-size set to small. I'll mess around with fonts though.

psycrosis

Reaction score
Maybe change the blue menu bar to a black color or dark gradient. With a light gray text?! I think it would go better with the orange. Kinda swap the spidey color with venom colors hehehe...

phazzedout

Reaction score
I would say change the color on the nav (on rollover) I would not make the color change on rollover. Also change the font on the nav to something smaller.

Other than that, the idea on the layout is good. The top looks good. Everything else works. Simple-ish but you wouldn't want your website to look like an unfilled cabinet.

dj0wns

Reaction score
U should increase the width of the site, its very small and makes the reader have to scroll down alot

thesequel

Reaction score
U should increase the width of the site, its very small and makes the reader have to scroll down alot
I wanted to make sure it would work on smaller resolutions. Though, I should have probably made that min-width. I don't understand what you mean by the header though. The header is an image; it'll be 100px no matter what. I think I'll end up having buttons you can click on to change the size (upper-right hand corner maybe). Thanks for the suggestions.

EDIT: Whoops, I just realized your post said reader and not header.

UPDATE: Okay, so I made the nav smaller. I'm going to make the gradients a smaller height later (the background image is too big). I'm going to change the red rollover to something else, I might just not have a rollover. I haven't messed around with fonts yet, I'm about to. And, of course, I'm working on the width.

Last edited:

phazzedout

Reaction score
Well keep working on it. It is going well so far. You just have to keep adding some more code to make it better. Also content will work if you want to put advertisements on it.

necteraaus

Reaction score
Well, my advice is basically the same as what everyone has said before, so I won't repeat it. But I must say that I like the header :biggrin: It's cool! It will be interesting to see what kind of content goes in it, as sometimes that can make the colour scheme seem not quite right. Anyway, hope it all goes well.