Ancient or Not?

Shadow121

Reaction score
I was at mah grannies over memorial day weekend And I was rummaging around a box of CDs when I came across "Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 Installation CD" Old or what? :p

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
That's old LOL. Probably back from Windows 98 or 95. Find any IE 2.0 disks there?

Cobol to Java

Reaction score
That's cool. Save that CD for a couple more decades and should be a collector's item. Lol

galen

Reaction score
yea, to mine too. way before there was the internet capable of downloading a browser they apparently came on CD Roms.

fempower

Reaction score
LOL very old. I've got some 5 1/4 floppies and programs for the Apple II.

vol7ron

Reaction score
Pretty old :)

yea, to mine too. way before there was the internet capable of downloading a browser they apparently came on CD Roms.

Actually, you used to have to pay for browsers. Not to mention, a lot of the old dial-up companies (like Prodigy) had their own browsers. Microsoft decided that the internet would be better if everyone was able to get it for free - and how the world has changed.

peejay

Reaction score
Microsoft decided that the internet would be better if everyone was able to get it for free - and how the world has changed.

Not quite - Micro$haft decided if it could give away a free browser, they could eliminate all competition, and get a stranglehold on the market.

psgalaxy91

Reaction score
Internet Explorer all the way!!! But that's an ancient version, Internet back then must have been really terrible.