Animal Crossing: Wild World

Cynical

Reaction score
Earlier this week I invested in a Nintendo DS Lite and Animal Crossing: Wild World for it. Already being an Animal Crossing fan, I have been playing this game for HOURS a day since I got it a few days ago.

So, does anyone else have this game, and if you do, care to post your friend code/name/town? I'll post mine later if anyone else cares to share...

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I'm planning on getting AC:WW and the Nintendo DS here soon for my fiance and I. I was just about to ask the same question you did.

I have the Gamecube verison of the game right now ... and can't wait to get it. Although, now I need to find a way to connect it to my broadband connection or find more time to go into town to hit the free Wi-Fi areas.

ShadowStriker

Reaction score
I have the game... And theres the rarest item in the game in the clothe shop right now.... The crown... too bad I cant afford it.

ƒorte

Reaction score
I was going to get this game but I decided against if for some reason..

Maybe I'll get it on ebay! ^__^

*goes to ebay.com*

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I plan to get it ... but being able to use the Wi-Fi feature will be a bit of a problem.

Either, I go out and get a little wireless card or whatever and reconnect my router and plug it in, or I try and figure out time zone differences and rush into town to hit the free Wi-Fi zones we have in town. ( Which wouldn't be very often )

Maybe we should gather a small group of friends that visit each other when we all have the game. We can help each other out. :)

Cynical

Reaction score
It's a great game, even BETTER than the original simply because you can bring it with you places (ie. long car rides, provided you are not driving 0.0). There are also many upgrades within the game itself, such as more expansions for your house, more upgrades for Nook's shop, etc.. One drawback is there are no longer any NES games :(.

@StarShine: Nintendo has made a USB WFC adapted that works as a wireless router for only the DS, supposedly it works really good, though it will set you back roughly $40 unless you can find a used one somewhere (still much cheaper than a good wireless router). I haven't used it, but you might want to look into it.

The only problem with Nintendo's WFC system is you NEED people's friend codes in order to let them into your town/visit their town (ex. if you wanted to visit my town, I have to add you, you must add me, then I have to open the doors and then you could come).

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I traded mine for a copy of Sonic Rush DS cause nooks shop closed down the second day I had the game.

Not really a strong selling point imo..."Buy this game and we'll make it all but useless on the second day!"

Now, not to get off subject, was a happy trade. The other guy's happy he got ACWW and got rid of Sonic Rush, which he hated, and I'm happy cause I got Sonic Rush and got rid of ACWW, which I wanted to burn...

Anyhoo though, I'll admit I can see how the game would get addictive. I'm thinking of grabbing the GC copy when the Wii comes out (Wii can play GCN games can it not?), but only if it's in a bargain bin somewhere and I have other games to try playing (the day nooks closed, it was also the only game I had for the ds, now my collection's at 7)

ZeptOr

Reaction score
Animal Corssing Wild Worlds was fun, but it didn't last long. It isn't that fun playing it on a tiny screen with tiny controls, I would rather play it on a TV with a controller. Also, it was a little too similar to the original. However, I am definitely looking forward to Animal Crossing 2 on the Revolution.. I mean.. the "Wii" (Probably the worst and stupidest name for a console in the history of video games)