Annoying visitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverbird775

Reaction score
Hello there!

Well... it may sound very strange and bit unusual for support forum but I have a rather specific, humanitarian problem endeed my x10 account related.

There is person exist which got a mania to check my page whole day and night about every 3 to 15 minutes with a rare breaks. It is even idling the forum i'm using to support my program users. I've tried to post ETA estimations to relieve his mania, made a gentle joke i would not pay him for his daily watching. No avail. This user seems have no other life. I was sincerely patient and always would be to any user or forumer.

I'm almost certain the page refreshes are not automated because they are semi-random. Any time i'm checking stats he is in.

I'm not cheating on you. This user from Turkey alone took 4700 registered page hits out of 18000 worldwide since March 2011. He kept idling long before i got hit counter. It's like a two year story, this person keep idling on my page. I knew it because it idle on another forum as well and post on my topic only. I wish it was a joke, truly is, but it is not a joke so at last i decide to post about my worries.

Should i worry of his annoying persistence?
Could it cause any trouble to me?

Any x10 stuff respond is really appreciated. I do not want anyone to be restricted or anything like this but frankly have no idea what to do. This is my first experience of such kind.

Last edited:

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
Hello,

If you want you can use things like .htaccess to block his IP address from going to your site if you are that worried about it. As long as your site is not taking up too many resources it doesn't matter how many people or how many pages are served from your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.