Another confuzzling question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, so I doubt anyone remembers my previous topic about TV's and PC's (any way to make the output clearer on a tv). If you happen to, FORGET IT. This is similar but doesn't involve a TV.

So, I'm thinking of building a table-top arcade cabinet (google around a bit, you'll find something like this: http://www.sonic-media.dk/spas12.jpg image copyright its respective website). Cept I want it to be head-2-head, so I had the brilliant (I thought at least) idea of building something like that, but put controls on each side and use two monitors and one pc.

I mean, I know my card can output to the TV exactly what my pc's seeing by doing something the software calls "Cloning the screen," so I figured I could find a card that had 2 monitor outputs on it.

The good news is I did find a card that does that. The bad news is I found a mini-itx motherboard with cpu, onboard video/audio, and essentially everything I'd need to run MAME and other emulators. It's right here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813153052

One problem. No open AGP slots. I don't like the idea of going PCI for the video card either, just to make it output to two monitors.

So, the question: Is there a way to split a single monitor output so it runs the SAME EXACT IMAGE to two monitors? Is there a device/pci-card capable of that? Or might I end up wanting to pick out a new mobo/cpu combo so I can use one of the video cards I've found that DOES have 2 monitor outputs on it.

I really want this head-2-head system. Without two monitors it kindof defeats the purposes though... Help me x10 hosting - you're the only forum I trust to not give me BS for an answer :)

Edit: Kinda hoping said pcicard/device wouldn't be more than $30 if possible, cause at $60 I can just buy a pci card that'll have more power than I'll ever need - 128mb in an arcade system running emulators isn't really gunna be getting much use.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.