another oldest question..

jaco_don

Reaction score
Well i love to hear peoples first experience ... so another one form me

What was the first OS you used ?

Well for me it was Windows 3.11 ... and sometimes i still go to one of these computer repair center who have a PC with Windows 3.11 ...ah those where the days when i didn't know Trojan , worms or crashes

Last edited:

anirtak143

Reaction score
hmm, i started as a computer-illiterate person, and considering im only 15, the first OS i used was Win98. the first time I used a computer was 8 years ago. since then i got addicted(at first to games) and now to forum-ing and web-building....

im learning java right now but I get bored most of the time, so back to forum-ing.. ^^

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Windows 95 FTW! Yeah I started on Windows 95, then moved up to 98, then ME, then XP. After that I started toying around in Ubuntu, openSUSE and Open Solaris. I then tried Vista but it drove me mental through being so flipping slow, so I'm now an Ubuntu / XP dual booter.

-Luke.

jaco_don

Reaction score
Windows 95 FTW! Yeah I started on Windows 95, then moved up to 98, then ME, then XP. After that I started toying around in Ubuntu, openSUSE and Open Solaris. I then tried Vista but it drove me mental through being so flipping slow, so I'm now an Ubuntu / XP dual booter.

-Luke.

Hey cool you use openSolaris ... well are you the member of any UserGroup

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
I think the first OS I used was probably Windows ME, although we did have a old computer before that which only had a command line interface, but I never used it.

Nathan H

Reaction score
I started on 95, then on to 98 when i got my own computer, up to windows 2k and xp. Now i have build my own computer i Triple Boot Xp, Vista and Debian. Sometimes all at once using vmware

anirtak143

Reaction score
i got my opensolaris cd by sun's free shipping...
no thanks, jaco.. ^^ i dont have that much ram.. ^^

imagine life with only 256 megs of ram.. ^^

Daniel S

Reaction score
Windows 98 seccond edition was on my first computer and that was 8 years ago. Next I had windows me then xp and recently I have been trying different versions of linux and now I am dual booting windowx xp with ubuntu.

ACU Kenshin

Reaction score
windows 1.0 i think,,, ^_^
Edit:
windows 1.0 i think.. i don't remember it... i only remember wordstar.. ^_^

Last edited:

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Windows 95 -> Windows 98 -> XP -> Mac -> Ubuntu
Yeah, I've used a lot of things. =p

anirtak143

Reaction score
Windows 98 seccond edition was on my first computer and that was 8 years ago. Next I had windows me then xp and recently I have been trying different versions of linux and now I am dual booting windowx xp with ubuntu.

same path... but i let go of linux because my sister doesnt like em... and we only have one computer for the both of us...

intertec

Reaction score
I started from windows 98. Then windows ME, then xp and lastly VISTA(BEST OS EVER)

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
The first operating system I used was Windows 98. After that, I got an old Windows 3.1 system. Later, got Windows 2000 boxes, then got an XP box, installed Linux on an old box with no OS, and put Vista on a newly built gaming computer this year.

frankfriend

Reaction score
I think CRM from Digital Research was the earliest operating system I used on a PC - of course before that was IBM's 360 OS....[The 360 was an early file server!].
Before that was whatever ran Leo III...

anirtak143

Reaction score
I think CRM from Digital Research was the earliest operating system I used on a PC - of course before that was IBM's 360 OS....[The 360 was an early file server!].
Before that was whatever ran Leo III...

so are those command line driven osses?