Another question

wwe9112

Reaction score
I wanna use Joomla to do my website but all the nice templates cost; I was wondering what are the chances of getting suspended if we used one downloaded but if you get a complaint we take it down right away(when we log in) How would you do that? Also, would it be better to do a news site using Joomla, or wordpress? I've used both idk what one I like better both have their good and bads; what woul dyou recamend? Thank you.

sorry for spelling on school pc they don't have spell checker.
Edit:
Sorry to double post but could comeone please move this to the free support section. I just realized that it was at the bottom of the page.

Last edited:

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well if you downloaded a template legally, the supplier has the rights to distribute, then you are good to go.

if you have to pay for it and you did not, then you have illegal content in your hands. and x10 does not allow that on their servers. its basically the same if you took vBulliten and put it on your site.

also there are many nice-looking Joomla templates out there for free to download.

wwe9112

Reaction score
well if you downloaded a template legally, the supplier has the rights to distribute, then you are good to go.

if you have to pay for it and you did not, then you have illegal content in your hands. and x10 does not allow that on their servers. its basically the same if you took vBulliten and put it on your site.

also there are many nice-looking Joomla templates out there for free to download.

Where can I find some nice looking ones? The free ones I've found where crappy lol; or had like no module positions or something like that. I'd like to make my own I know a little css and I'm good at html, but idk...

wwe9112

Reaction score
I'll check that out when I get home; thank you... Also, what would you recamend Wordpress or Joomla?

diabolo

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I dont use CMS's that much. But it is basically up to you.
WP is powerful, but you need to write the scripts yourself.

wwe9112

Reaction score
HMM... I think I'll go with what ever one I find a nice template for lol... And I'll go from there. I wanna do a wrestling site, and a computer site.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
For a simple news site, Wordpress is better. However, if you want to add more features like a forum or links, or downloads or things like that, go for joomla or drupal.