Another site...

Zenax

Reaction score
It looks good overall, however the flash makes things take a long time load, and I am also not a fan of Flash Websites. Flash in small elements is good, as well as flash created to minimize loading times as much as possible.

I am not also a fand of the arrow links, they could be streamlined a bit more, however the overall look of the site looks great!

I give it a 6/10, for the simple reason beacuse of the flash!

Cubeform

Reaction score
I absolutely hate websites made with Flash. unaccessible, unusable, Google can't read it. Another thing is, people who make Flash websites tend to go overboard with sound. This tendency is evident in this very site.

Finally, the template itself looks horrible. The loading throbber is this weird circle thing. You designed this template for the width of 1150 (not good. Most people still use 1024x768, so it's best to use a width of 960). The background looks like a bunch of sails, and the header image is elongated for some reason.

Rating out of 10: 2/10. All-Flash websites suck.

Joker Boy

Reaction score
i love you too =) :biggrin:

lol

And it seems as if flash sites have decreased in popularity since I last checked... Oh well I guess you will just have to suffer then!

EDIT:

SORRY SORRY GUYS I JUST CHECKED THE HTTP VERSION AND IT ISN'T THE UPDATED ONE!!! The one that is on the web right now is an old version, about a week old or so. Sorry, yes, I see now why it is getting low ratings.

I have uploaded the other swf's and checked the "overwrite?" box before uploading and it just creates two files... so there are 4 swf files where there should be two.

Sorry about this, check back later (I'll post when I have confirmed that it works) and then rate it.

SORRY!!!!

EDIT AGAIN::

here's some pics of it now...

http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/5667/picture4bb9.png
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3862/picture3jr4.png
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/956/picture5sq1.png

LAST EDIT I SWEAR:

Oh and btw the point of having a flash site instead of html is because flash is more interactive... MUCH more interactive.. and its unhackable. With HTML people can hijack your site, not with flash. At least not as easily.

So if you don't like sounds on flash sites, then that is just silly of you!

Last edited:

Zenax

Reaction score
Flash may be hard to hack, but the larger the file, the longer loading times are for some people. This can be a real deterrent when visiting a website.

Like mentioned in my earlier, flash in small amounts such as contact forms or what ever else may be used, then thats ok, but a full flash website can cause serious delays for some people!

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Man... Remove ALL of the navigation sounds! They are annoying as hell!

Your site design would instantly go up 2 points on my scale.

Currently its at a 3/10.
Its very dark, but dark websites are retro if thats what you're going for.
And the links and arrows moving around are a litte hard to follow.
The mouse-hover colour of the links across the top is too dark; its hard to see against the background.
The mouse-over animation at the side with the blue and orange links take too long to move fully out currently. Try to quicken it up.
The banner takes too long to load. First impressions count, and if people are kept waiting they are gonna leave.

Now thats working with what you've already got.

But personally, I prefer liquid websites that are largely done in HTML and CSS. With flash, its much harder to resize and still keep it looking good.

Thats all i can think of for now.

DrewC

Reaction score
Did any of you guys know that, that flash site was made for me!? It's ok that you guys are giving some great criticism, but I thought a lot more people liked flash sites....oh well.

By the way.....would any of you guys like to help me run a network? Please keep in mind that it will take a lot of dedication if you decide to help out. Also, I have a couple of other sites I will be running...would any of you want to be the "Head Dawg" of any of those sites. If you are the head of the site, that means you control EVERYTHING!!! Below are the list of sites I will be in my network:

- D12GFX
- D12Host * Coming Later On *
- D12Entertainment
- D12Gaming
- more coming soon....

If any of you guys are interested, just hit me up on MSN or send me a PM so we can talk about. Another thing....I do not have hosting for any of the above sites, so if you want to run it, you have to get hosting. Sorry :(

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh and btw the point of having a flash site instead of html is because flash is more interactive... MUCH more interactive.. and its unhackable. With HTML people can hijack your site, not with flash. At least not as easily.

So if you don't like sounds on flash sites, then that is just silly of you!

It can be EASLY hacked, a hacker probley has a flash to fla (.SWF Decrypter), and then can open it up in Flash themselves and view the source code and such, plus not all people have flash (most flash are ads, so it would think its an ad):)

Last edited:

Joker Boy

Reaction score
It can be EASLY hacked, a hacker probley has a flash to fla (.SWF Decrypter), and then can open it up in Flash themselves and view the source code and such, plus not all people have flash (most flash are ads, so it would think its an ad):)

So true so true, but most people have flash player, and once the had the .fla they would have to upload it to the root folder, so getting in there would be a problem as well but I guess you're right.

poringy

Reaction score
It's easy to compress the flash file into something under a megabyte. Your flash file looks as if it's heavily unoptimized. The loading time is a bit slow partially because of that, coupled with the loading of the flash runtimes. 6 megabytes(approximately the download site of your site) is way too huge for people that just want to briefly visit your site for a second or two. I thought that my cable internet went down when I didn't see the website loading(took at least 30 seconds).

I used to like flash because of its glitter, but I started to hate it for casual webbrowsing because it wasn't a click-pop experience. Maybe you could learn advanced javascripting and CSS to make your website functional and light at the same time.

By the way, people hate sound on websites mainly because volume levels sometimes are set at a loud volume. So... what might seem normal might sound like a jet on another's computer. On the other hand, your sounds will just waste bandwidth, space, and time if the person has his volume level either really low or muted.

Personally, I don't think it's too bad of a flash site but you need to consider your target audience. Either compress and/or optimize the whole site so it's at least under a megabyte, reconstruct it with CSS and javascript(still irritating for some), or just use plain html.

Last edited:

Bazor

Reaction score
With only one sound it is better for the site overall. Also, it does seem to load quicker than the one with alot of sounds. The template is good for a wide varity of users because it doesn't use alot of color (for those color blind or such).

There are a few problems though still. The nagivate bar at the top takes a long time to load. I would say that code needs some optimizing or compress the image if it isn't already. Next, the website is just too big for most users. I myself use 1024x768 for viewing websites. This is the standard still for most websites. You need to either fit the flash site into that format or make it a bit smaller than that like 800x600 or 960x600.

Otherwise it does look promising. Flash websites can be great if done right - just don't go overboard with everything ;). As of right now I give it as 6/10 score.

PS: Don't forget the x10 ads! :D

Joker Boy

Reaction score
:biggrin:

Well thanks Bazor! It seems to fit fine on both of my computers but I will resize it since it appears that many people are getting irritated about it. Hope thats everything!

PS: (I have a static account, no ads needed :biggrin:)