Another Suggestion

DMeza125

Reaction score
For those that apply for a staff position and were refused, just send a quick little PM stating that they were denied.

I applied for a staff position but I don't know if i was refused, but I havn't been accepted either. Basicly I'm looking for a form of verification that an application was recieved.

ex: (in order of PM)

Your application has been recieved and is pending a decision.

Your application has been accepted / denied.

Alejandro

Staff
Staff member
Community Support
Reaction score
The problem is that applications are not refused they just stay there and you're selected whenever staff is needed.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
the reason your application disapears is because its called forum pruning :) go look it up.

DMeza125

Reaction score
No offence Dark, but you apparently did NOT read what I was suggesting. I know the forum uses auto-pruning, and that had nothing to do with my suggestion.

My suggestion was about letting people know that an application was recieved/denied/etc. Many people including myself do not like being left out to dry not knowing whether or not an application was denied.

Woolie

Reaction score
Errr, you also only have 8 posts. I think they might be looking for a more "elder" member of the community.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
ok think about it a little more.

i said that they were disapearing beacuse of auto-prune and you would recieve a message via PM by corey if you were accpeted. we have said loads of times before that corey doesnt need any new people for a while.

i "responded" to your suggestion with, it is not needed because no one has been "aprroved" or "rejected"

and also, i dont see how you would not know that if your application is sitting in the forum if its "pendind a descision"

Last edited:

DMeza125

Reaction score
Dark, I KNOW why they disapear, I DID read everything about why no posts are seen in the applications forums. However I also read that account managers were needed. Also Dark, if you don't mind, can you reword what was said in your reply? "...and also, i dont see how you would not know that if your application is sitting in the forum if its "pendind a descision" "

"We are looking to get more account managers especially to help keep up with suspending and upgrading."
http://x10hosting.com/showthread.php?t=9568

I know you get a PM if you are accepted, I do know how to read. However Alejandro, I thank you for this, replied my suggestiion with a bit of a better thought out responce. That "...applications are not refused they just stay there and you're selected whenever staff is needed." I did not know this, as it is not posted in any of the posts I have read.

Re: Woolie
This actualy had absolutely nothing to do with my applying to be a staff member, just simply an example as to what I was talking about.

I'm not here to try and start any crap or anything of that matter with anyone here, I simply am giving my opinion as a suggestion seeing that that is what this part of the forum is for.

-Dan