Another update needed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

millart

Reaction score
Hi,

I googled this one before I posted here, and it seems to be that I just need to change something in the php.ini file...Do I have access to that file from my cpanel? I am on the free hosting account

This is the error I am getting:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 16630 bytes) in /home/millart/public_html/gallery/generate.php on line 170

Here's the url where I found the solution:

Thank you

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
If these are images that you are uploading, can you do them in smaller batches?

millart

Reaction score
Actually what I did (and had the exact same error) was I tried to upload half of the images instead of all at once. Still no good. I think it's the program itself needing the memory, but I will try uploading via the browser as an option, as opposed to directly via ftp. I will post back my results.

Thanks again!

Edit: Even if I just try to upload ONE image at a time via the browser I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 66520 bytes) in /home/millart/public_html/gallery/generate.php on line 170

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
You are trying to use over 48mb of memory. How big are the images and what are you doing with them?

millart

Reaction score
Actually, these images are very small png images they were originally vector images converted to png, I don't think their size is the problem, I think it's the script itself requiring that space. :dunno:

Maybe if I converted them to gif format instead of png? I am going to try that right now. I just converted one to test it, now I am going to upload it to the server. I will reply back with the results.

Nope, after trying to upload the gif image I get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 50331648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 66520 bytes) in /home/millart/public_html/gallery/generate.php on line 170

Odd I tell you :dunno:

I used ImageMagick (Mogrify) to convert the vector images to png.
Edit:
I fixed this issue, I deleted the gallery folder from the server and re uploaded it, everything is working perfectly!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.