Another x10premium question.

krofunk

Reaction score
I asked a question before regarding switching from free to premium, thanks for clearing that up.

I now have a second question. It says on the x10 premium page that I may host multiple sites with unlimited domains etc etc but do these sites all need to be mine? I ask because I make websites as a hobby and would like to host some of the sites I make. I am aware that I could inform people of the free hosting with x10 but some of the people I deal with know nothing about setting up or maintaining a site.

kadai

Reaction score
I'll try to answer your question :eek:

First, if you own all the websites, then there is not any problem. This is because you are the sole administrator of everything and only you are allowed to access the "advanced" features.

Second, thinking that the websites are partially owned by others, we give a look at the free hosting TOS:
1.Server Usage

Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site. Exceptions to this include ad banners, classified ads, and personal ads. x10Hosting reserves the right to refuse service and/or access to its servers to anyone. Each individual is allowed ONE account only. x10Hosting does not allow any of the following content to be stored on its servers.

Please note it says Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only.

Meanwhile, in the Premium hosting TOS there is not mention of anything of it (Check it at: http://x10premium.com/terms.php and search for "personal" and/or "resell") ... so technically you could host other websites of people you know or co-administer them.

But, just as a note: You are responsible of what other admins/co-owners also publish in the x10premium. This includes that if one of them uploads a nulled script, the account will be suspended and then deleted.

So then in a first glance, there will not be a problem, but like always, an answer from a true x10hosting executive/staff might be helpful to clarify this. None the less,. I hope to have bring some light on the issue.

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
There is no mention in the premium hosting TOS that you need to be the sole owner (or even AN owner) of the sites you host. Note however that you only have one cPanel login, so unless everyone you're hosting sites for is contempt with FTP access only, you could have issues on your hands in that regard.

Also, and this is more geared at the previous post rather than the OP, we don't run the automated scanners on premium accounts. That said, you shouldn't be hosting nulled scripts anyway, but it will likely take longer for us to detect them, giving you time to police your own uploads (or the uploads of the people you give access to) before your account gets potentially suspended.

krofunk

Reaction score
Thanks for your answers! Really helped clear that up. I didn't want go for it and get stung by a term I had missed.

As much as the sites are/will not be mine I will be admin as part of my free after care.

Thanks again for your help :)