Antivirus

n4tec

Reaction score
I want to know which is the best Antivirus software around that can knock off damn viruses...

thanx

*4*

Maurice

Reaction score
Why don't you look at the "SpyDoctor" topic? There are good AV's there.

n4tec

Reaction score
thanx.. Let me check out that thread...

*4*

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Norton or Mcafee are the best out today. You can get alot of good free ones like AVG. I would recommend Mcafee myself but thats just my opinion.

n4tec

Reaction score
thanx bigguy...I have tried mcAfee before... I have also used Penicillin antivirus not sure what it is called now... I have Norton installed.. I have been to AVG website... I will try to use it...

*4*

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
If you have Norton installed and up to date then you should be fine. AVG just came out with a new beta release, I haven`t tried it yet but it is free.

NewFuture

Reaction score
i use norton wi system works, it is one of the best out but i find sometimes doesnt always deltes the viruses, even though fully up to date, i have to manually delete the file and clean up registry

does anyone else have this problem?

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Do you have Norton configured to send the viruses it finds to quarantine instead of deleting them? This might be why you have to delete them manually. You should have to touch the registry though, Norton should clean that up.

T

thinhso

Kapesky --> Russian's Anti Virus . It can detect some viruses that Norton or McAfee can't . Maybe Norton or McAfee do same thing in other viruses ........... Dunno

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I have heard of Kapesky, I havent tried it yet. I`ll have to check it out.

jusama14

Reaction score
I think Norton Antivirus 2005 is the best one out there since Symantec is a really reliable company

Neuromancer

Reaction score
NOD32 has better heuristics then norton or mcaffee IMHO also it runs quicker and leaner. On mysystem it uses about 32MB or RAM.

Panda consistently ranks at the top of class indetection as well.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
Norton is the best in my oppinion. I have tried Macafee and it crashed my computer...

NewFuture

Reaction score
bigguy said:
Do you have Norton configured to send the viruses it finds to quarantine instead of deleting them? This might be why you have to delete them manually. You should have to touch the registry though, Norton should clean that up.

i have all settings to delete virus, but sometimes it says 'delete failed' and i cant quarantie it

moose

Reaction score
MicrotechXP said:
Norton is the best in my oppinion. I have tried Macafee and it crashed my computer...

Wait.. how did it crash your computer? I use McAfee and I think it's awsome. I think it was Norton that I had before and it was annoying.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I dont like Panda to much but NOD32 is cool.

@ nforchange: I guess I spelled that wrong its Kaspersky anti-virus.

MicrotechXP

Reaction score
moose said:
MicrotechXP said:

Wait.. how did it crash your computer? I use McAfee and I think it's awsome. I think it was Norton that I had before and it was annoying.
Well it goes somthin like this. I bought a HP Media Center for my dad for his Bday from BestBuy. Then I thought that we did not have anti-virus on the other computer thats why it crashed so much. So I bought MacAfee from them version 8.0. They where sold out of Nortons so I got it. When I got home I opend the box for the HP and I started everything I neaded to install so my dad will be protected. So I installed the Macafee and then after a reastart it went all slow slower than a P2... It would'nt run! Thwn the computer crashed. Then it would'nt boot and all I used recovery. When I booted it up it was fine after thhe recovery...then when I installed MaCafee the same thing happend... Then I figguered out that it was thats problem. So I took MaCafee back and got my money back. I at least had a 60 day trile of Norton on the Computer so I would be safe.