Any tips and tricks

buddaman

Reaction score
Hello from the Uk i'm new to 10X hosting and new to web design but finding this hosting and site amazing for trying out new ideas. If anyone has any general tips and tricks i'd be grateful.

pcpro

Reaction score
Hello and good day.

I find web design very interesting as well. I build and sell websites and hosting on ebay and from my own websites. I am completely self taught.

If you want to learn web design I suggest just digging in to find as much info as you can. There is alot of free information on the web. You just have to look for it. Building websites is really not that hard.

One thing I did to learn alot about it was to simply go to ebay and do a search for "websites" and copy what others were doing.

One good tip for building a website that will sell that I can give you is, go to amazon associates and look into thier "Astore" feature. Then look at some sites on ebay for sale. You'll see. Anyone can do it.

You just need a good reseller hosting account, web editor and a good mentor. I could supply you all 3.

I have some good links I could give you that would help you but I don't know what this forum policy is on including links in posts.

One more good tip I can give you is to do a search for "learn to build websites" and the first link on the first page is a great site with alot of free info. About the "HTML" basics, I would suggest skipping that at first. It is extremely helpful to know HTML code and you will need to learn the basics eventually, but when starting out, it is not necessary to lean right away. Simply use a good web editor to build sites. I use Frontpage and Dreamweaver, but these are expensive. "NVU" is a good free web editor similar to frontpage and easy to use. Also "Blue Voda is another free one, but this one is a different type of editor. Mostly "drag and drop. It is good to use to just learn and mess around with but I never used it to build a site to sell.

Good luck in all your online ventures.

ungaze

Reaction score
Wow, great infos.

Will be asking more on how to sell web design and stuff. I was planning to recall my web designing knowledge for a job but reading your post makes me want to do freelance web designing. Thanks

pcpro

Reaction score
I'm very glad I could help you.

Learning to build websites is by far the best thing you can do if you want to make money online.

Once you have learned, there is so much you can do to make money.

Freelancing web design (advertise on freelancing sites, from your own websites, free classifieds, and once you start making money you get get alot or really good leads by paying for alot of traffic) Adwords etc...

Build and sell websites on ebay, other auctions sites and from your own websites.

Pass-out business cards, post ads in the paper, and pass out flyers advertising your web design business.

There are so many ways to make money.

Even when you are first starting to learn how to build websites and your skills are limited as far as what kind of projects you can do, you simply answer ads at freelancing sites for web design projects you know you can handle.

An easy web design package to offer while your skills are still improving is a business package. A website that a small business would want to simply have a web presence. These are easy to build.

There is so much I could tell you. I am currently working on a huge video webmasters course that teaches everything you need to know (everything I know tips tricks everything) about building, buying, editing, and selling websites and more. It is basically a huge course that not only teaches how to build and sell websites, but it teaches everything you need to know about making money online. Real ways to make money. None of that get rich quick crap. It is how to make money with websites, affiliate programs, and more.

It wont be ready for about another month I have a blog where everybody is signing up to be notified when it is almost done. I will only be selling a limited amount of theses because I am including customer support and I can only handle a certain amount of customers. I am not sure how many I am going to take on but I am still accepting sign ups at this time. It wont be very expensive either. I am mainly doing it because I build and sell websites and hosting and I have so many customers asking me to do this and It will cut down on the questions I always get because it will all be in the videos for them.

Here is the link to my blog so you can check it out and sign up for early notification if you want to. There is alot of good info on work at home scams too. http://procoreserv.com/blog/?cat=5
If you have any questions about building and selling sites I will be glad to help.

Last edited:

d_f_2010

Reaction score
hi,

:( are you talking about design fundamentals or what?

Web designing itself is just like painting with a brush!. The one important thing you have to aware about is the goal after designing your web-site. and then the services and web-applications that the web-site will provide to its visitors.

Nice web designing ..

pcpro

Reaction score
hi,

:( are you talking about design fundamentals or what?

Web designing itself is just like painting with a brush!. The one important thing you have to aware about is the goal after designing your web-site. and then the services and web-applications that the web-site will provide to its visitors.

Nice web designing ..

My course first starts with learning the absolute basics: Understanding domain registration, hosting, basic HTML, how to build a basic website using a web editor and of course, building your website with as you said "your main goal in mind" creating the website with the ability to attract customers, promote your specific product or business, keep them coming back, clicking on your ads, and buying your products; as the success of a website has little to do with how it looks as far as being "flashy" or whatever. The course is also about learning all the tips and tricks we all pick up in our learning process which of course, never ends. There is sooo much to it especially for the absolute newbie. As far as comparing web design to "Painting with a brush"; Yes, web design in general can be compared to painting with a brush, but if you have never built a website or have basically no pc skills at all; web design is far from "painting with a brush". Besides as I said, my course is not about just design anyway. It covers everything you need to know about building, editing, uploading, and selling websites, products from your websites or just establishing a web presence to advertise your business, from start to finish. Of course you have to build your site with your ultimate goal in mind. That is where you start. You gather as much information as you can and go from there. There are many factors to consider.

Unfortunately most of my existing hosting customers have no idea what they are doing and I spend close to half of each day just answering the same questions over and over again. I love helping people but by creating this course I will considerably cut down on the time I spend each day on customer support. I believe another problem is that alot of my customers are just afraid to ask for help. They think they are bothering me, or they just don't know what to ask.

Approximately 80% of all my hosting account customers never even use their accounts at all, simply because they don't know where to start. although this is good for me, I hate to see that. I want them to learn. I want them to succeed. Many do ask questions. Simple questions that you and I think of as common sense, but If you have never done it before, you simply don't know. There is alot to it and just getting started for some is the hardest part, and my videos cover everything you need to know. They are like no other, and even the absolute newbie with no prior experience will learn to make money online building and selling sites with my course.

If you have no experience, there is alot to learn, but once you dive in and get a clear understanding of how everything works, it is not that hard. Alot of people think, "I could never learn to build websites". That it would be "too hard to learn". When my friends found out I was making a fulltime living doing it, they couldn't believe it. If I can do it, anyone can. I am now Microsoft Certified, and aside from doing my own thing building sites, selling sites etc..., I also work for 2 different companies updating website content daily. I could easily live of those 2 jobs alone. Deciding to learn to build websites was the best decision I have ever made and I couldn't be happier. I also give private, in home lessons. I make my own hours and I get to spend as much time with my family as I want. There is nothing better than being your own boss and making 4 times what you did when you had one.

I wasted years and thousands of dollars trying to figure out how to make a living online. I started by purchasing those "Get rich quick" programs.

There is no such thing as a get rich quick scheme that actually works. With a couple of exceptions, most all of those “make money online” ebooks and or video courses are either worthless, simple information you already know or could learn free by doing a search, or just flat out scams. If there was an easy way to make a living online, everyone would be doing it. The only get rich quick scheme that actually works, is selling get rich quick schemes. These so called "Gurus" spend more time creating their sales ads than they do creating their money making course. They basically lie to you in their sales ads. They give you false hope. That is their goal and that's what they do. They themselves don't make their money by using the "money making system" they are selling you. They make their money by selling you the system. It is a joke. Then you have the survey thing, and the downline programs, etc. all a waste of time and money.

There are ways to make a honest living online, but just like any thing worth doing, it takes time and effort.

Learning how to build, design and sell websites is by far the best way I have found to make a living online. There are so many different ways for a webmaster to make money. The possibilities are endless. It definitely changed my life.

"Good luck to all"

pcpro

Reaction score
Any body told me .. how can i make my own site.. through x10hosting....????

The easiest way I could tell you to make a website with your x10hosting account is to go to your cpanel and use the "Site reptile" website builder to build a website. It is located under, "software/ services. This is a good website builder.

RV site builder is the best the easiest to use for newbies but they don't have it. But for a free account, x10hosting offers you more than another free hosting company I have ever used so you surly cant complain.

You can purchase a RV site builder license yourself and install it on your free account I believe. But for now I would just use the site reptile builder as it is a good one as well.:smile:

buddaman

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies extreemly useful. I am currently having difficulty in setting up and interacting with my database which i built. How do i interact with the databse on php myadmin. I'm unsure as to what my database server hostname is as i need this to interact with the database.
I've tried to interact with it through a php script but i keep getting an error saying that it can not connect to the database. Any help would be extreemly useful. Thank you for all the great help i've been getting since joining 10x hosting.

pcpro

Reaction score
Thank you for all the replies extreemly useful. I am currently having difficulty in setting up and interacting with my database which i built. How do i interact with the databse on php myadmin. I'm unsure as to what my database server hostname is as i need this to interact with the database.
I've tried to interact with it through a php script but i keep getting an error saying that it can not connect to the database. Any help would be extreemly useful. Thank you for all the great help i've been getting since joining 10x hosting.

The database server hostname will be "localhost" without the quotes of course.

Some websites come with a script that allows you to set up your database easily by simply entering your info in boxes when prompted. The others (Most others) you need to enter your database username password etc directly by opening the nessacary file and changing the code manually.

One mistake I have seen often is this:

when entering your database information, the database name and the username should be entered as so:

['sql_host'] = 'localhost'
['sql_database'] = 'accountusername_databasename'
['sql_user'] = 'accountusername_databaseusername'
['sql_pass'] = 'password'

The password is entered without the account username but the other 2 have to have it along with the _ or it wont work.

The installation process for websites that require databases varies so unless I have more information I can't pinpoint your problem.

I hope this helps.

jeanlee411

Reaction score

Last edited: