Any Tips on how to make Wordpress run faster for Free Hosting?

jmixmaster29

Reaction score
I am currently using the free hosting, and while I only have a few plugins (that do relatively small things), it seems like it takes a long time to load.

I haven't even finished the style yet or done any content, I have just installed Wordpress yesterday.

I am using Pingdom Tools Full Page test to measure the loading speeds which vary from 4-6 seconds for "/" to load. Click here to run the test for my site.

So any tips on how to make wordpress run faster?

Interscopia

x10 Caffeine Addict
Prime Account
Reaction score
Optimizing your Database can improve your speed significantly.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Get Firefox browser, add FireBug and YSlow.

You can get a lot of the info you got from Pingdom

1. You load jQuery twice. If done properly, it should only be done once. Some code is not using the standard WordPress method for adding scripts.

2. Once that is done, get the plugin "Use Google Libraries". That way, jQuery will be loaded from Google, not your server

3. Use .htaccess to add far future Expires headers on images, js, css files. Won't help with the initial load, but it will help with reloading or internal pages

4. Check to see what your plugins are doing. If they are calling another site to grab data, you will be at the mercy of the other server. If the data is grabbed when the page loads (via AJAX), the page will load faster.

bltgamemasterx74

Reaction score
Well, a really good way is to just buy premium if you think its slow. Personally my site and its sub-domains run very fast. But in saying that I probably just jinxed myself. :/

Last edited:

jmixmaster29

Reaction score
Okay, well does anyone have any suggestions for a blogging software that may run better than wordpress?

Reaction score
1.Use less Javascript as much as possible[use only that are essential].. Javascript slows down

keep in mind Ajax, JQuery Mootools all contains Javascripts

2. Use small images as much as possible. Too many big images in slows down your website

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The blog needs
1. CSS compressed to 1 file
2. All images loaded once using image sprites
3. JS compact and compressed one file
Atlast..different huge images will be saved using adobe photoshop "save for web & devices" option

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
The blog needs
1. CSS compressed to 1 file
2. All images loaded once using image sprites
3. JS compact and compressed one file
Atlast..different huge images will be saved using adobe photoshop "save for web & devices" option

One problem is that a lot of the css, js , and images are coming from 3rd party sites.

He makes request to:

Code:
    gscdesigns.co.cc
    fonts.googleapis.com
    api.viglink.com
    ajax.cloudflare.com
    mm.chitika.net
    polldaddy.com
    scripts.chitika.net
    i.polldaddy.com
    www.1freehosting.com
    pixel.quantserve.com