Any update on what is occuring with FTP on Fris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

centralian

Reaction score
HI Guys,

Is there any update on what the problem is with FTP on fris? Is there a plan of action to rectify the problem and if so is there an estimate on time? According to my website ftp transfer log ftp stopped working 17 hours ago.

Cheers

Centralian

ymmij

Reaction score
HI Guys,

Is there any update on what the problem is with FTP on fris? Is there a plan of action to rectify the problem and if so is there an estimate on time? According to my website ftp transfer log ftp stopped working 17 hours ago.

Cheers

Centralian

I have the same problem. I tought it was my fault but I'm glad to see that I'M not the only ones.

Thank you,
Jimmy

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
They might be working on it

anoviceyup

Reaction score
It's not just the FTP on Fris that is problematic. I cannot log into CPanel again, after a brief period in which I was able to.

icslindia

Reaction score
I think that you should search the forums first.:cool:

The Admins are working on accounts as the accounts are moving to new servers.

So, the server is under maintenance.

The problems which may occur with you :-

• You will be unable to Log IN to Cpanel.
  • You may pe rejected saying UNAUTHENTICATED when using FTP.
  • You may get errors in connecting to any Mysql Databases.
I got all these problems and got the answers in the Forum.

So, it is required to be patient. :cool:

centralian

Reaction score
I think that you should search the forums first.:cool:

The Admins are working on accounts as the accounts are moving to new servers.

So, the server is under maintenance.

The problems which may occur with you :-

• You will be unable to Log IN to Cpanel.
  • You may pe rejected saying UNAUTHENTICATED when using FTP.
  • You may get errors in connecting to any Mysql Databases.
I got all these problems and got the answers in the Forum.

So, it is required to be patient. :cool:

Not sure if this was directed at me but I have searched the forums before posting and I know there is an ftp problem on fris. My question was simply to request an update as there is nothing about it on the status page. My account was moved a couiple of weeks ago and was restored and been working since then. This ftp outage is not due to my account being moved.

Again I am asking for a simply update on the outage and an expected time frame for rectification.

Too be honest in the past month there has been more outage than up time. True it is a free hosting account so I normally just let it be but the outages have been excessive to say the least.

ymmij

Reaction score
As a newbie here I don't know what to think about this outage. I really find that x10 hosting gives great services. However, I would like to try them. Until now, it wasn't really possible because of cPanel and FTP problems...

We have to be patient!
Jimmy

xfm_rox

Reaction score
This is a complete joke!

I have been unable to log in via ftp for over a day now, which is really unnacceptable to be honest.

Plus this having to log in to my forum account every month is a total pain the ass and an inconvenience.

Why the f#*k do we need to do this? No other hosting service I know of does this!

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Why is it unacceptable, you aren't paying a penny for this service so you cannot expect it to behave as if you are? It's unfortunate that it is down but it isn't exactly a common occurrence: I don't remember the last time FTP was ever down like this.
The monthly login is actually beneficial to you, as it means that inactive accounts are terminated which free up server resources that can then be utilised by you. Sure, no other hosting service may do this, but then no other free hosting service I have ever come across has offered unmetered bandwidth and space.

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
This is a complete joke!

I have been unable to log in via ftp for over a day now, which is really unnacceptable to be honest.

Plus this having to log in to my forum account every month is a total pain the ass and an inconvenience.

Why the f#*k do we need to do this? No other hosting service I know of does this!

I know of quite a lot of -free- hosting companies that don't even offer FTP.

~Callum

centralian

Reaction score
Okay I have moved my website over to another free hosting service till this latest outage is corrected. I will check back periodically to see if the ftp service has been restored and then I will restore my ftp settings to once again point to my X10 account.

xfm_rox

Reaction score
I don't need to explain myself to you!

Are you one of those types that troll through forums trying to provoke people?

If so, take your trolling elsewhere please!

ymmij

Reaction score
Any news about FTP ?

Today FTP server answers but it is impossible to login due to timeout.

Thank you!
Jimmy

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't need to explain myself to you!

Are you one of those types that troll through forums trying to provoke people?

If so, take your trolling elsewhere please!

You were swearing, I wasn't the one doing the provoking. But anyway this isn't helping the problem, sorry if I seemed rude.

~Callum

icslindia

Reaction score
As the admins are moving accounts one by one so this problem may reach the door of every account anytime. Its not necessary that you had login into FTP for over a day before.

It depends that at what time they started moving your account.

ymmij

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for your support.

It is good to see that FTP is fine.

Have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.