Anybody trade stocks online?

SonicCow

Reaction score
I have a very successful account with E*Trader but was thinking of switching to Scottrade after a friend mentioned how good the customer service was.

I went online to open an account and after filling everything in I got a message I they wouldn't open my account because of some negative accounts on my credit report.

No where could I find where it said that they would run a credit check before opening an account.

E*Trade took my SSN to prove who I was but did not run a credit check.

I guess this just really pisses me off because they don't tell you they are going to pull your credit file before opening an account.

Has anyone else had this experience with any on-line brokers?

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
I personally haven't, as I haven't had that kind of cash flow to do it, but I do use sharebuilder.com ( now part of ingdirect.com ) ... they seem to be really good to use.

satbir

Reaction score
In this part of world there is no SSN and no credit check for opening Stock Trading account because there is no credit given in Stock Trading account instead you purchase on your cash.

port5900

Reaction score
man I dont play I just look and you must be crazy for playing stocks right now. Its a good time to buy and wait if you know what your looking for. I'm waiting till a get a nice lump of cash that I can afford to lose mabe 2 to 4 grand. then go to Zecco.com its free to trade there no fees(so i heard)
I'm not looking to strike it rich just try to learn a thing or two.

[SunShine stop deleting my usless but funny post! That Chopper game is Hot!]