Anyone know of a good CMS?

Doc Photoshop

Reaction score
I'm looking to build a site, as a test to learn how content management works, and was wondering if anyone knew of a Content Management System they could recommend.

I am not wanting a system like PHPNUKE, Xoops, et al, but just the back end, and then attach it to the site of my own designing; so that I could upload custom galleries, and things like that without having all the hassle of building them in Dreamweaver, specifically.

Is there anything out there that anyone could recommend, as I want start to understand how to put these things together myself.

Thanks for any help offered!

Sohail

Reaction score
I prefer Joomla, it's open source, easy to use, and is fully customizable, it includes RSS and everything, it's never failed me and is the best if you ask me...

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
A good combination would be SMF for your forum and Tiny Portal for your portal or CMS. Although not as fully featured as a regular CMS like Joomla or Mambo it is also lighter on server resources and actually runs great. :)

Starshine

Legend Killer
Reaction score
This topic has been beaten more than a dead horse. There is at least one of these topics every other week. Everyone will have their own opnion.
Drupal, Joomla, e107 or whatever its called, some will say wordpress ( although thats more a blog than a CMS ) ... Nuke, Future-Nuke, Nuke Evolution, etc and so forth.

Instead of asking if anyone knows of a good CMS, think of what you are wanting to use the CMS for, then ask everyone based on your idea of your website to give you some helpful ideas for a CMS.

That will narrow down the responses to what you are looking for. Instead of everyone saying "This is best" or "That is best"

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Drupal, Joomla, e107 are good. And check your self to know which is better.

Last edited: