Anyone use Dreamweaver?

port5900

Reaction score
Mentioning Torrent Sites is not advised. Any how, I just hit up youtube for tutorials, some times you find better stuff there then you would find on the training CD's.

Dreamwaever has displayed CSS right for years. Also I just use it to start a site. After that I hand code mostly. HTML kit is another good program, Interface is ugly but has good features.

ghotel

Reaction score
Ive got a tip for you dont give up with dream weaver!... some people give up to easy because there beginners

exemption

Reaction score
I torrented it..only because I will not be paying 640 USD for the program...
And it isnt anything special..just makes the whole thing alot easier..but you can't customize it as much as you would like unless you put it into code view..in which then dreamweaver wouldnt display it right in the design view...
Its an okay program but it is overrated none the less.

silito

Reaction score
yesi have used it and seems easer if you know html language. i am using it and i seem to have very littleproblems with it.try it

pbmuja

Reaction score
I like to use dreamweaver it helps my work much faster compared to notepad besides if you are more keen for graphic output on your website you may need this a lot.

kingdomofterz

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is an excellent program that makes web design a far more simpler process. However Fireworks should not be overlooked. I use Adobe's CS4 Design Suite-> which is way too expensive for people who aren't students (sorry!). I doodle what I want my site to look like in photoshop, load it into Fireworks CS4 and work from there. After I've designed my site and set up my pages, I import it into Dreamweaver to fix up the code.

If you are looking for a GUI way to design a webpage and are considering different programs to use, Fireworks uses bitmap and vector images as well as CSS design tools. Adobe's best kept secret!

mjserv

Reaction score
Really Good Software, reply to the others post. Don't bootleg this software it is definitely worth the money for the whole suite.

catlady

Reaction score
I don't know if you've done a Google search or anything - but I found this site that could be helpful:

http://www.thesitewizard.com/gettingstarted/dreamweaver1.shtml

I personally use this site a lot for coding reference - they have tutorials on HTML (if you need it):
http://www.w3schools.com/

One of the best ways I learned was having a mentor that I could call on for problems that I really got stuck with and couldn't figure out on my own or couldn't find a solution online.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

syrius

Reaction score
I use dreamweaver for it's colour coding. I found the missing manual very constructive, if you're looking to learn css as well the companion book 'css the missing manual' is also a brilliant read ^_^!

cmajor7

Reaction score
When using Dreamweaver is best to have both the code view and the graphic view open at the same time (it's called "split view". It can help you to learn about the html code if you are new to it.

But one thing to be aware of is that the graphic view isn't always reliable about showing what really happens in a live browser. You must regularly check the effect of changes you make with the Preview in Broswer button. And do check both Internet Explorer and Firefox, they can behave differently sometimes - other browsers can vary too but most people use one of these two.

haslam1

Reaction score
dummies books are always good ive got php book and its really good and easy to lean with dummies
look on amazon and check book reveiws

miocene

Reaction score
I use M$ Expression web which is very similar to Dreamweaver but much cheaper (free for me as I'm a student).

It's basically their replacement for Frontpage but does a good job and is mostly standards complient.

d0ds11

Reaction score
:lockd:Dreamwaver CS4 is better! lots of support and ad-ons, you don't need to memorize the codes!

wisedogg

Reaction score
I got the CS4 Suite about half a month ago, and, being a student at the time, got it for $350. That price is not bad at all for the new object oriented Flash (with bones), Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreaweaver, Fireworks, and InDesign. These pieces of software are so powerful now, I can't imagine being with out them! Dreamweaver CS4 is very powerful, and manages all my links, even when I move files around outside of DW. The site management tools are great, as are all the assistants for SPRY, Javascript, etc. The synchronization and check in/out features are very nice. I especially think that InContext Editing is a new, valuable feature; it lets you set levels of administration for your clients, so they can only edit hierarchal levels of the website. This is great for designers, who don't want a client deleting or moving pics and fonts, but the client gets control of stuff they need to update often, without messing up stuff by accident; think user permissions on computer. I personally love the whole Creative Suite 4. Also, the online help, community, and user forums are great. Throw in features like Kuler, and I don't think you can beat it for the price, especially if you are a student!

masheen

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is a nice piece of software yes, but i suggest you search some tutorials in HTML. Learn the basics as it pays to actually know whats happening behind what you see and edit in dreamweaver. :)

espfutbol98

Reaction score
I have Dreamweaver CS4 but I never use it. I prefer Notepad 2 & Firefox, doesn't crash and really all I need.

tjrana0

Reaction score
Dear Anyone,

I need help setting up my site on Dreamweaver CS4. I'm having a hard time doing this. Does anyone here know how to help me do this?

Sincerely,
-TJ

dazadz

Reaction score
I got CS3 just for Photoshop and knew nothing about Dreamweaver atall, however, a google search for anything I wanted to learn returned free video tutorials from all over the place. So I would suggest you google any terms you don't understand and just do as many video tutorials as you have time for.

Lochie

Reaction score
I learned HTML with Dreamweaver, and the will, and just basically disassembling sites to see what each part did. Get the latest version of Dreamweaver (CS4) for the best results, especially when it comes to validating your code.