Anyone Using Wordpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sachiko7

Reaction score
It looks like they've fixed the 403 errors finally :happysad:, but I have another question, kind of insignificant but I'm curious..

On your main WP admin screen (http://whatever.com/wp-admin/index.php) do you see anything in the boxes for "WordPress Development Blog", "Plugins" or "Other WordPress News"?

Mine show nothing yet when I install WordPress on a couple other test servers I have at other places they seem to work perfectly fine.

Is it a security issue as to why the script can't communicate with a remote site?
Edit:
No one uses wordpress? o_O

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
I think often it depends on how you install it.
I think there may also be a thing in installation on whether it should communicate with the wordpress server to retrieve things like that.

But you'll probably never need to see those boxes anyway. They are just like the latest news, latest plugins added etc. etc.

Sachiko7

Reaction score
There's one of them I kind of like to have but I don't think it was the install, There are no options beyond entering your email and clicking submit and it installs by itself and emails you a password for "admin". Also I installed the same version on two other servers and it communicates fine with the WP site.

I was thinking it might be some security issue, I know x10 is script on PHP functions. But it's not a huge deal either way, I can live without them. I'm just glad the 403 problem got fixed -^_^-.

Status
Not open for further replies.