Appear to have Duplicate Database on server

Status
Not open for further replies.

jghughes

Reaction score
I've been working for almost 8 hours on my scripts thinking I had an error because my user signup didn't appear to working correctly. I've made the following discoveries.

No matter how I change my script, and then upload it using File Manager, it has no effect. I view the script on the server and it matches what I have on my computer, exactly what I want, but it is not what is getting executed.

Scripts that are running are scripts there were updated from a few days ago. Nothing recent is running even though it appears corectly when I access it from File Manager.

I went to phpMyAdmin and looked at my databases directly. Records that have been added by accessing my website are not in the tables. BUT, they show up on my website.

In other words, what I see when I access my website, viewing records, adding records, the page layouts, do not match what I find in my databases and script files.

The logical conclusion is that the website is running a different set of scripts, and accessing a different set of databases, then what I am working with, that's when I log into starka.x10hosting.com:2082. My website is jghgenealogy.x10hosting.com.

Please note that I have a similar problem with my email that started a few weeks ago.

Help Please!
John

jghughes

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I looked for any such notification and must have missed that one. Sorry for the bother. I will keep an eye on the problem and see if it goes away.
Thanks
John
Edit:
When this migration is complete will there be a "merging" of what appears to be two unmirrored servers? I have made a few database changes via phpMyAdmin and some script changes and additions via File Manager/cPanel that do not show up when you actually visit the website. Which database and script files will be left when the migration is complete?

I see from the updates that Starka is about 85% complete so I'll probably know the answer soon anyway.
Thanks....

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
It depends. Either cPanel or your website is using a local version of MySQL, while the other one is using a clustered version of MySQL. The one using the clustered version will be the one that is kept, but only Corey (and Bryon) know which is using which.

Status
Not open for further replies.