Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Other....

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

supersaf

Reaction score
So what do you think about the iPhone?

I personally love it but I'm biased seeing as I'm a HUGE Apple fanboy :p

Put aside everything else, I think it really is an amazing device.

I've got one and it beats all the other phones that I have had before it. It makes them look inferior!

It does have some obvious downsides and some features that should have been included but weren't, however, the technology that has gone in to it is just amazing.

The multi-touch screen is just a pleasure to use and the sensors in it are brilliant!
Accelerometer, proximity and ambient sensor. They just make the whole using your phone experience much nicer.

So what do you people think of the iPhone. Love it, hate it, don't care about it?

Let me know...

GamingX

Executive Team
Reaction score
Of course, given an option. I would go for Apple Iphone, but it is yet to establish in India. Given that the carrier AT&T itself is new to India. But one can always buy 'unlocked' phones. Till then Nokia will do. Beautiful phones it provides, though not with the many features that come with the IPhone.

supersaf

Reaction score
I'm in the UK so I'm on O2. I didn't know that AT&T were also in India! I thought it was America only. Where else are they located? I'll have a look on their website..

Yea, I suppose you can get an unlocked one and use it in India. Though I think it'll cost quite a bit to have it shipped there. It's worth it though, such beautiful phones! :)

coolv1994

Reaction score
personally i would get a iphone except the price of about $600 so i would get like a razr or something

LashRash

Reaction score
When in regards to an Iphone I am forced to ask why would anyone wast so much money on a phone? Has out society hit the bottom of the barrel in regards to items to buy? I can think of dozens of things to buy WAY BEFORE the iphone.

supersaf

Reaction score
@VPmase - LOL ! Maddox seems to have some very intersting views on the iPhone. :)

If you haven't been on the link above yet then I suggest you do. I don't agree with most of the things said on it but it sure is laugh. It's hilarious.

But we all know that the iphone has downsides and it costs more then a usual phone, but I mean I think it is well worth it. It is simply a pleasure to use and beats ANY Nokia phone that I have used before. The User Interface on it is just brilliant. It's ace, it really is. The screen is also just fantastic. It's just the right size and is such good quality. Watching movies and TV shows are a pleasure.
I would buy it over a Nokia anytime. But I suppose everyone's allowed to have different opinions.... (even if they're wrong :p , hehe)

:)

Last edited:

Ra!d5

Reaction score
The iPhone looks pretty cool. I wouldn't want to pay for one though. My vote is for Sony Ericsson. I really like their phones. I also like Nokia. The only reason I wouldn't get an iPhone is because of costs. You basically need a data plan and other stuff or other wise you will end up like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE7d7ji7aAo&feature=related . I mean, seriously, do I really need to watch videos off youtube from my cellphone? I would rather have a more normal looking cell phone that supports video types and just put any videos I want on the phone memory. The iPhone is cool and all but costs of using the phone make it not worth it. My phone is a walkman so I can listen to mp3's and use any of them for my ringtone. It has bluetooth, infrared, and I can use it as a modem. It takes AMAZING pictures, supports video viewing and comes with an expandable microSD slot, which can hold a lot. I can connect it to my computer and download cool programs, games and themes to it, its got a radio and all I pay for is a cheap media plan for texting and the occasional web usage. So yeah, like I said, the iPhone is cool, but seriously, if you have to pay that much for a few cool features, then is it really worth it? Wouldn't it be better to use your money for something else?

Conor

Reaction score
If I had the money to throw around I'd go for the iPhone. Then again, it's a lot of money to pay for a phone that can do all those extra things that you can do on a computer.

Slothie

Reaction score
I ditched my iphone after about 2 weeks. No 3G, huge bummer. I can find all of the other features in other phones anyway, waiting for more linux phones to appear so I can customize them.

supersaf

Reaction score
I ditched my iphone after about 2 weeks. No 3G, huge bummer. I can find all of the other features in other phones anyway, waiting for more linux phones to appear so I can customize them.

Oh I definitely agree with you on the 3G thing. Can't believe they didn't include it! Considering that the iPhone has such a brilliant web browser, I can't believe it doesn't have 3G. It's something I'll have to live with until iPhone 2 comes out.

As to linux phones, it doesn't really appeal much to me. Just the word linux would kill it for me. =P I suppose it would be good in that you would be able to use it how you want and there would be SO many hacks and mods for it and like you said, VERY customizable.

Oh well, I'm happy with my iPhone, even if it doesn't have 3G in it!

Sohail

Reaction score
All i can say is that the iPhone is amazing!!!

Darkmagic

Reaction score
I think iPhone is a waste of money, so you get a touch screen, but all the other features can be found in any other phone. I'd get an iPhone if it was cheaper, but iPhone is owned by Apple and just like everything Apple it costs extra. Not saying that I hate Apple, Im just saying that you have to spend alittle bit extra if you want something Apple.

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the LG Viewty just kicks the proverbial sh*t out of the iPhone. :thefinger

3G, touch screen, 5 megapixel camera! removable storage, blah blah....

If I was that bothered about phones, thats the one I would get.

However, Internet calling + a standard mobile phone is fine for me, and I have a separate Personal Digital Music Player and an 8 Megapixel camera already.

Now, if a phone did VoIP, merely required a small monthly broadband internet access cost (i mean, £55 for 1200 minutes over a month? ****.), and did all the other stuff that these recent phones do, I'd buy it instantly. Anyone? :lol:

alexandgruntz

Reaction score
All I need is a phone that can text and make/receive calls (and has a colour screen). That's all. I already have an MP3 player, and I have a notebook for my to-do list. A NZ$150 phone will do, not a 1 grand phone.

T_Clauss

Reaction score
Well, a topic I know I can talk about (since I do work for AT&T)

First off the iphone is simply ok, don't get me wrong it's got alot of flash!
- Touch screen
- Alot of internal memory
- and other iphone exclusive features
- WiFi

But here are the bad things

- Touch screen keyboard, its cool for the first hour.
- Internal memory is not expandable
- the SIM card and battery is built in, so if it breaks or need repairing expect a costly repair bill.
- Only EDGE compatable, so if your in a 3G area you cant get the best network speeds, for data
- You have to activate it through itunes

If you want a good phone, I would suggest the HTC tytnII (Tilt) its windows mobile 6.0 has WiFi, touch screen, qwerty keyboard, expandable memory, and too many other features to list.

With any windows mobile device you can find support for a ton of free apps that are useful for everyday use, even SKYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

NSChan

Reaction score
Sony Erricsson P990i beats the iPhone hands down

P990_big.jpg

a FULL keyboard thats their all the time and dosent steal half the screen to run, support for memory sticks, WiFi and 3G. an awsome auto focus 2 mega pixel camera with zoom and video and seeing as is runs on Symbian UIQ 3 it can have a multitude of Apps on it.
and whats moar, it only cost me £120, whereas the iPhone costs £300 + a 18 month contract.

pgoyanes

Reaction score
iPhone screen is really easily soiled :(

But the gadget is gorgeous anyway! :)))

Swiblet

Reaction score
I would go for the IPhone for sure. I am a sucker for advanced technology. A black box that activates on touch and uses virtual buttons to do things with?! It just sounds too goo to be true =) I will definitely get it once I have the time and money. However, there are more important things to me, like building my dream computer, or buying that car, or saving for University...or FOOD.

~~B3N