Are you a Lefty, Moderate or Righty?

rmaslic

Reaction score
Are you a Lefty, Moderate or Righty or dont know in terms of politcal preferences.

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I wouldn't know what I am honestly. I'm not deeply involved into Politics but I do have opinions on certain things. How would I know which one I am?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's a kind of senseless question to ask, because everyone appears to themselves to be right in the middle.

SGLord

Reaction score
Ahh, but you are misled my friend. You say everyone appears to be right in the middle, yet I am certainly not in the middle, and I am certainly a someone included in everyone. I am far-right uber conservative, for your information too. Obama is my worst enemy. War is a necessary evil. People were created different, they're allowed to earn different wages. The death penalty teaches a lesson, not a sin. Global warming is bunk and Al Gore is a loon. Anything else?

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I agree with your last 6 sentences, but if you think you are a far righty, then that's just as bad as being a far lefty. You see, you can fall of the horse on both the right and left side. You need to stay right in the middle to keep from falling off. Do you see what I mean?

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
I consider myself a moderate, but when it comes to voting patterns I lean a little more to the right

SGLord

Reaction score
I agree with your last 6 sentences, but if you think you are a far righty, then that's just as bad as being a far lefty. You see, you can fall of the horse on both the right and left side. You need to stay right in the middle to keep from falling off. Do you see what I mean?

Well, yes i quite see what you mean, but it is simply not ethical to straddle the fence in every situation. One cannot stand to appease both sides of the issue while still remaining neutral. If you're going to fall off the horse, might as well make it to the side you want instead of getting pushed off. I figure I'm not doing anyone harm to be far right, and even if I do 'fall off' the proverbial horse, the only person that crashes and burns is I. So what's the problem? Sometimes standing for one's ideals warrants their inevitable demise...

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
no, you can be in the middle with out being neutral.

BentFX

Reaction score
Right wing!
I believe in low taxes and smaller government. I believe we need to fortify our southern border, then sort out the illegal alien issue. I believe we have liberated Iraq, and were justified in doing so. I believe the earth was warming long before the industrial revolution. I believe liberals are more prone to rioting in the street, destroying property, and generally acting like idiots. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, and I am opposed to the gay agenda being taught in the schools. I believe rape and incest are the only justifications for abortion.

I believe a child who's a conservative lacks imagination, and an adult who's a liberal lacks sensibility.

Yeah, I'm right of center. As mentioned earlier though, I do believe my views are held by a larger portion of society than the pure liberal view. Which in a way makes me a centrist. :)

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I believe in low taxes and smaller government. I believe we need to fortify our southern border, then sort out the illegal alien issue. I believe we have liberated Iraq, and were justified in doing so. I believe the earth was warming long before the industrial revolution. I believe liberals are more prone to rioting in the street, destroying property, and generally acting like idiots. I believe marriage is between a man and a woman, and I am opposed to the gay agenda being taught in the schools.

I agree with that.

BentFX

Reaction score
[more]
As for the idea that the center is the place to be...

Take for instance secret abortions on demand for girls as young as 12. I don't want to get anywhere near that. I am radically opposed to school councilors getting into the abortion business. There is no centrist position that is palatable to me.

I believe gays should be allowed civil unions. It is a nice centrist approach, but that is not good enough for the gays. They demand their union be called a marriage. If we can't meet in the middle, you return to your corner, I'll return to mine. They can have a civil union today, but they would rather riot in the streets and destroy property, in hopes of intimidating the majority(prop 8).

I'm willing to come to the center on most issues... I do believe in amnesty for illegals, after we secure the border, and deport the violent criminal aliens. The left refuses to even acknowledge the problems our porous borders create.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I do believe in amnesty for illegals, after we secure the border, and deport the violent criminal aliens. The left refuses to even acknowledge the problems our porous borders create.

Amnesty, for illegals? That makes them no longer illegals. There is a reason that we call them illegals. That's because we don't want them. If we give them amnesty they'll come faster and thicker. You want that to happen???

BentFX

Reaction score
Amnesty, for illegals? That makes them no longer illegals. There is a reason that we call them illegals. That's because we don't want them. If we give them amnesty they'll come faster and thicker. You want that to happen???
First... Secure the border! Second... Weed out the gang bangers! Then we look for the best solution. We can't deport 11 million people. If they are working, let them stay.

I'm not saying amnesty today, and I'm not saying naturalize them. I'm saying if they are working, give them a green card, after we've secured the border, and dealt with the violent criminals.

[edit]
Illegal doesn't mean 'we' don't want them. (I'm not part of that 'we') Illegal means they didn't follow the rules. They are mostly hard working, low wage, families. They jumped the fence. Given the same situation I would jump the fence too.

We need a stronger fence! Then we need to make an intelligent decision... I say let the workers work! Legally!

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
But the workers are taking away all our jobs. And, if the illegals knew that they would get amnesty if they got in, it would not matter how high our fences are, they would still find some way to get in. Let's attack the root problem. If they get killed when found in the U.S. illegally, they'll stop coming.

BentFX

Reaction score
But the workers are taking away all our jobs. And, if the illegals knew that they would get amnesty if they got in, it would not matter how high our fences are, they would still find some way to get in. Let's attack the root problem. If they get killed when found in the U.S. illegally, they'll stop coming.
Are you saying we should kill illegal immigrants???
That smacks of neo-nazi rhetoric. What are your thoughts on the Jews? I'm curious just how far from center you are.
[edit]
You live in the greatest country on earth. You live in it, you don't own it. People have been clamoring to get into the US since before we declared independence. Jon Stewart did a great little bit a couple nights ago, talking about the statue of liberty, and how it puts too much emphasis on the tired, poor and huddled masses. Should we just tear it down?

You want to pick lettuce, or do yard work for less than minimum wage... fine... You just better outwork the illegals. That's the promise of America... You bust your ass, You'll do OK!

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you saying we should kill illegal immigrants???
That smacks of neo-nazi rhetoric. What are your thoughts on the Jews? I'm curious just how far from center you are.
Yes and no. I'm not saying that we start a wholesale massacre the day after tomorrow.

Obviously, the illegal immigrants would get a warning before we attack them, give them 9 months or something to clear out, then they can get arrested, tried and executed if found after that.

What are my thoughts on the Jews? I am a Jew. Give the Jews amnesty. They're here for a reason. They're here because Hitler chased them out. But we are not talking about the Jews.
We are talking about the illegals who come over our souther border from Mexico.

Those ones are NOT Jews, they are NOT being chased out or hunted down by their government. Obviously, I feel sorry for them for having to live in Mexico, but that doesn't mean that they can illegaly immigrate.

Why did you ask about the Jews?

BentFX

Reaction score
Yes and no. I'm not saying that we start a wholesale massacre the day after tomorrow.

Obviously, the illegal immigrants would get a warning before we attack them, give them 9 months or something to clear out, then they can get arrested, tried and executed if found after that.
I can't believe you honestly think that's a viable solution. Do you suggest we also execute the Jewish(or any nationality) student who's overstayed his visa? It's the same thing isn't it?
What are my thoughts on the Jews? I am a Jew. Give the Jews amnesty. They're here for a reason. They're here because Hitler chased them out. But we are not talking about the Jews.
We are talking about the illegals who come over our souther border from Mexico.

Those ones are NOT Jews, they are NOT being chased out or hunted down by their government. Obviously, I feel sorry for them for having to live in Mexico, but that doesn't mean that they can illegaly immigrate.
Jews haven't been 'chased out' or 'hunted down' for 50 years now. And if you look at the history of it, western society stole a litttle scrap of land, so the Jews would have a place to call home. That doesn't change the fact... it is easier for a Jew to get legal papers to work in the US, than it is for a Mexican.
Why did you ask about the Jews?
I recently watched a nat'l geographic show on neo-nazis and your take on illegal immigrants sounds very similar. Generally speaking they also hate the Jews. I was just curious if you were part of that mindset.

gali98

Reaction score
I agree with the six sentences :)
On immigration, I don't appreciate them being here, but for goodness sakes don't kill them. I don't know what would work... They need to leave, or get amnesty legally. Something... Killing them would probably work, but not a good idea...

Criptex

Reaction score

Wow man, honestly, and with all the respect you deserve... those are stupid commentaries, I don't know if you are just kidding or you mean it, but I thought you were a more mature kind of person.
HOW can you say that you are a pro-life person and that you believe in God, when practically you are saying that the solution to the inmigration problem is KILLING PEOPLE!!!!

and please answer this... how can you say that you don't like it when people start differentiating between races, when you are clearly saying that you are talking about the inmigrants that come from the southern border...
Jews were inmigrants too, and It's true, the inmigrants from the southern border are not running away from hittler... but they are running away from another enemy, poverty.

And you are not in the shoes of a inmigrant.
I would like to see what would you think about this if you had to come home with food for your children everyday, without being able to work legally, so you had to work cleaning toilets and running away from inmigration. I really would like to see what would you think if you had to live hidden from the law, wondering if you're gonna be there the next day, because inmigration can take you away from here anytime without previous notification. or what about if you didn't have the right to drive, and you were not allowed to go into certain places, only because you don't have "papers" and trying to live out of a few bucks a day watching all the people that is not making the most of their opportunities.

When you only have love for a group of people, it doesn't matter under what circumstances or why... THEN you are differentiating and that can only generate hate. against other people so like the other guy said, that is a neonazist mindset.

Without any intention to offend you, but please grow up, because a man has to be wise to control the words that come out of his mind, and know that there's a time for everything, there is time for jokes, but when you are posting your opinion in something that is not a joke, you have to post something intelligent and express your opinion without talking in that discriminating tone.

And yes, I'm a descendent of a inmigrant man, I'm also a inmigrant because I wasn't born here, but you know what, I think opportunities are for the brave ones, and my dad and my mom worked their butt off so I can come here being able to have a future that maybe I wouln't have in my country.

And for those who are reading from other countries, I just let them know that America is greater than that, this is the land of freedom, and where you can be WHOEVER you want, and whatever you want, because here, they don't judge your race, color etc, here what counts is what you can do for this country.
So I really hope that the illegals can get an amnisty, and of course, I know that everyone has to pay for any illegal action that they commit, and they have to secure BOTH borders and secure airports, etc, to keep away other inmigrants from the REST OF THE WORLD, not only Mexico and Latin America to come to the states, and deport bad people, but out of those 12 million I'm sure, that less than 5% are criminals.
It's really sad that some people think like that but... oh well...