Are you allowed to host a game server on a free account?

ante.allah.fjante51

Reaction score
because the TOS didn't mention it....
it said that all files have to be related to your website, well an MC server would kinda be related since it is mainly a gaming community......

And it would be a small server of justa few people :D (We would be under 20 ppl on the server)

so?

I am not sure, am I allowed to or not?

//Thanks in advance, Andreawws!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It'd fall under Script Hosting, assuming you were able to get it started as the server isn't actually set up to run games in the first place.

For gaming servers, you'll want to look into either x10gaming.com or x10vps.com (the former's in a beta stage so far, the latter is not).

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
and I am assuming there is a free package?

Anyway, thanks for the help! :biggrin:

x10Gaming has Free Game server hosting, though it is currently still in beta. Ordering an x10VPS can be done right now, obviously, and you can set up as many game servers the way you want them as you want for as long as the VPS has the resources to hold the servers.

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
x10Gaming has Free Game server hosting, though it is currently still in beta. Ordering an x10VPS can be done right now, obviously, and you can set up as many game servers the way you want them as you want for as long as the VPS has the resources to hold the servers.
Sir,
should the games be GNU/GPL if in case they are to be uploaded?
Can you please post the X10Gaming ToS link
Regards

i7Grendel

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but X10gaming gives you a virtual server of games they've installed. You can put in a request, but don't expect you will be able to host your own script.

i7Grendel

Reaction score
They did speak about some kind of virtual server system when they were about to start the first pre-release phase. Don't expect a VPS / Dedicated server interface (e.g. a Windows / Linux desktop like system).

theone48

Reaction score
x10 gaming has an official room on Live Chat where they might be able to answer questions like these. Just go to the room #x10gaming or type /join #x10 gaming once on IRC chat.

Last edited: