Are you ready for the 2008 Hurricane season?

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Pretty good site, you've combined a lot of resources for information here. I'm a little confused about the images above the dates for a week in May. What are the dates, and are those images related?

theweatherwatch

Reaction score
Pretty good site, you've combined a lot of resources for information here. I'm a little confused about the images above the dates for a week in May. What are the dates, and are those images related?

That week is Hurricane Preparedness week. Each day has a specific topic and the image is related to the topic for that day. So for example Tuesday's topic is High winds and the image is of the wind blowing the trees around. Wednesday is Inland flooding and there is a picture of a sign that says High Water.

ThePaintGuru

Reaction score
Oh, I get it now, not sure how I missed the giant "Hurricane Preparedness Week" banner before :O.

FalseHope

Reaction score
For what the site is based on. Great design, no point in having too many colors on these sites, it will confuse some people. The layout looks real good. Keep up the good work, and keep watching those Hurricanes! :)

Dan

Reaction score
Looks good! Like the design, only big thing is I would change the font from Times New Roman to something like Arial or even Comic Sans MS...

satbir

Reaction score
+Good Concept
+Content

- Color are lil intimading
- Size is too large thus lot of scrolling required
- A bried note about how to see all the data and concept will be nice..

Mekryd

Reaction score
I'd tone down the red a bit, and put some way to show the separations between different bits and pieces (for example: on the front page, the only things to frame the elements are the other elements. If you scroll down partway to the maps and the 'floater' images, it's not immediately obvious what is labelling what. Similar ideas for the two-column text in 'Hurricane Center').

In Hurricane Center, the top menu and bottom menu don't match up.

On the other hand, good idea, useful content (insofar as my weather-inept mind can comprehend =P).