Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters

otherside

Reaction score
Okay, so this will be the first election I am elegible to vote for... And its (in my opinion) not a great one to start out on! Now I'm not asking who you are voting for, I don't want to start a flame war, just are you (and if you can state why in a civil way, go for it). Theres not really any one running that I'd really, really want to be in charge. Anyway, just curious.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Undecided. To be frank, you're 100% correct - this one just doesn't have anyone I'm just going "Ya know, I'd like to see them in the white house."

Just can't bring myself to do it right now. Just can't.

On the bright side, if I don't vote, I can b***h no matter who wins :)

Xemnas

Reaction score
I voted No, but then again I'm both ineligible to vote (only 15), and I don't even live in America. But to be honest, I wouldn't care who gets in as long as they won't screw things up at some stage (which I hope is something we're all hoping for).

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I voted No, but then again I'm both ineligible to vote (only 15), and I don't even live in America. But to be honest, I wouldn't care who gets in as long as they won't screw things up at some stage (which I hope is something we're all hoping for).

I can't think of anyone in a position of power who hasn't screwed something up at some stage.

Except Corey, cause I'm a suck-up ;)

But seriously, everyone messes up. The problem is as president you've gotta actually be able to HANDLE that - I'm not really sure any one of the "candidates" are actually up to that task.

voice

Reaction score
This is a really tough election. I am definitely going to vote, but the options... *shudder* However, I might end up voting along partisan party lines depending on who the final candidates are. Mike Huckabee might have my vote just because of one ad... HERE Of course, this would also be a great election for any third party hopefuls, which is something we haven't had in a while.

otherside

Reaction score
This is a really tough election. I am definitely going to vote, but the options... *shudder* However, this would also be a great election for any third party hopefuls, which is something we haven't had in a while.
I'm going to vote, I think its my job as a citizen, and a privilege, however as stated before there just doesn't seem to be a great candidate. You brought up a great point though that I hadn't thought about. I still don't think a third party is going to win, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a big jump in there numbers. It'll be interesting to see how that plays out.

trebor

Reaction score
I'll vote... I might end up writing in "NONE" but I always vote sometimes I just vote none of the above...

satbir

Reaction score
I always vote unless I am away from my place. However since I am not voter for US, will not be able to vote.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
Always voting...

I feel, if you didn't (but could have voted or made yourself eligible to vote), then you shouldn't complain... it's like trying to have a say in your football team's decisions but never once wanting to play or coach...

interwebtubes

Reaction score
I'm Australian so obviously I'm not going to be voting. But just generally speaking, I cannot comprehend how anybody, having the chance to weigh in on their country's future, would choose not to participate. Voting isn't just a luxury or a privilege, it's a responsibility. There's a reason it's compulsory over here.

wolf693

Reaction score
I voted no. Not only am I not eligible (only 14!) but really, it's a hard decision, and (In my opinion) no contest.

interwebtubes

Reaction score
But voting isn't just about getting the best guy in. It's also about keeping the worst guy out.

I could rant for hours about the insanity that is the American electoral system, but it seems to me that one of the most consistent problems is voter apathy.

People are always complaining about what the government's doing or not doing, but how many of them are actually registering those complaints in the one way that actually matters to politicians - in the form of a vote against them? And yeah, you can say that all politicians are corrupt anyway, and that your one vote isn't going to make a difference, but you know what? That kind of talk is just self-defeating. Because by not voting, you're in essence ensuring the continuance of that corruption. You're letting them get away with it.

But consider this: If enough people consistently took a stand against a candidate's policies by voting for the other guy, wouldn't that candidate be forced to reconsider those policies in order to regain the favour of the electorate?

And when it really boils down to it, it's not that big an ask of citizens. So you take a bit of time out of your day once every couple of years. You get some information about the candidates, you head over to the local polling station and you cast a vote. Worst case scenario? You've wasted an hour of your day. Big deal. But sometimes, even a small number of votes can mean everything.

rlodge

Reaction score
Yes I'm going to vote. Sucks that the results are always the same no matter which candidate or party wins (parties? what a joke, they're all the same!). I do believe that one day my vote will make a difference in the world.

pretty puppet

Reaction score
On the bright side, if I don't vote, I can b***h no matter who wins :)

I don't understand the reasoning behind that at all. I would say you don't have the right to b***h at all if you don't vote. :biggrin:

This will also be the first election I'm eligible to vote in, and I'm mailing my registration tomorrow so I can vote in the primary. Unfortunately, I have to declare myself to do that, since Texas likes to single people out. However, the bright side is that I'll probably be declaring myself as a democrat, which means my line will be a lot shorter!

Last edited:

interwebtubes

Reaction score
Personally, I would find it much more preferable to cast my vote, help elect the person least likely to suck and have no right to b***h in the event that they do make a few gaffes; than not to vote at all, contributing through my apathy to the election of the person more likely to suck and enjoy continuous b***hing rights throughout that person's long, long term.

... just saying.

Last edited:

DarkenProject

Reaction score
Its almost my first elidgable election, but boy will it be a tough one. Quite frankly, it may turn out to be an economic vote for me; I'm begining to get that nagging feeling in the back of my mind that something bad is about to happen to the U.S. economy.

But then again, I'm lacking experiance.