Artist website for review

static-blur

Reaction score
Hi guys first post for this forum:biggrin:
I'm looking for some feed back for my site http://www.staticblur.co.cc
My main goal for the design was to have a clean and easy to navigate website showing my artwork.
cheers

xmakina

Reaction score
It's 1024x768, not 758

Your profile picture is a stark change from the rest of the site. It might be worth you getting a picture that fits with the theme. The contrast is stark enough to suggest the site is just a template you stole and stuck your photo on. Not cool :(

Portfolio is a "GOD NO". Clearly explain, in text, each link. Don't make me hover over your bars, it makes me want to close the page. In the portfolio pages, why not list the other pages under portfolio like a tree rather than only provide the "back" button?

VJing has the same issue of links only being revealed on a roll over - provide a text link. I nearly missed them this time thinking your picture had somehow broken rather than seeing them as links.

A/V - do *not* do coming soon. Just don't put the link there.

Only other real concern is the low contrast between text and background. Use a darker grey or black as anyone who is colour blind will really struggle with your site.

In the end, the site is somewhat lacklustre. It's missing some much needed flair and I have no interest whatsoever. The whole site just seems so... boring.

Technically sound, reasonably easy to navigate but it majorly flops at its intended aim to make you seem like a bright, interesting and creative person.

6.5/10

Last edited:

static-blur

Reaction score
Hi xmakina thanks for the feed back you said some good points.
The site is not a template which I stole, just a simple lay out of tables (I would not waste my time trying to steal a template that simple nor would I want to steal some one else template)

but anyway cheers I will be going back over the site design in a months time once I have finish my degree and have free time

xmakina

Reaction score
The site is not a template which I stole
I just wanted it noted that I knew that, I was just saying that that is the feeling I got when I saw your photo in such sharp contrast to the rest of the site.

shcKr-

Reaction score
i kinda like it, a bit bland, and the stuff you used flash for you could do in java