Artisteer Templates

walidno1

Reaction score
Hmm....Well, those who have used artisteer knows how the template looks.......I noticed smth that the text area is semi transparent allowing the background to be seen and also, the background remains static while scrolling... How is that possible?? Is it related to CSS element or is it a javascript??

Also, how can I make smth like that in Dreamweaver CS4??????????????

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
[css]

body{
background: url('link/to/image.ext') no-repeat fixed;
}
[\css]

walidno1

Reaction score
ok, this doesn't work for some reason.....why?? is it because my background pi is very big??

I tried:

body {

margin: 0 auto;
padding: 0;
background-color: #B3B5AA;
background-image: url(background.gif);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-attachment: fixed;
background-position: bottom left;
}

leafypiggy

Manager of Pens and Office Supplies
Staff member
Reaction score
Can you give us a link to your site so we can see it in action?

walidno1

Reaction score
hmm..my code seems to work if I separate the HTML and CSS and then use them........weird....

spwebdesign

Reaction score
i dont really understand what is going on here, I do not see any region of this page (http://www.myriad.elementfx.com/) that would seem to make sense being transparent and i dont not see any pic and the bottom of the page (other than the ad).

personally I use an external css page (it just looks more clean to me), I have run into transparancy problem's with IE, i believe it was the 6 to 7, or 7 to 8 switch but im not sure, to keep the pic fixed I would either create a css div ID or class with "position: fixed;" and that should do it.

I am trying to be more of a graphics person which is why i prefer using png's for a transparent effect...easier to make rounded edges and drop shadows.

im seeing your page with ubuntu 9.10 / firefox

Last edited:

walidno1

Reaction score
hmm.....no, m8, I was just wondering...........thats all....my site is far from being finished and I am finding it hard to concentrate (personal matter :D).........well, I need to sit down and work out a plan..........but so much to learn and so little time :p
Edit:
goto:

www.myriad.elementfx.com/logo.html

there u will see that the background remains static (PS: I WILL CHANGE THE BACKGROUND, WAS JUST TESTING) :D

Last edited:

spwebdesign

Reaction score
ah...yes the bottom graphic stays static / fixed while scrolling right and left, (on IE 7)...it would be nice to see the page with some filler text.

my style would be to bring the graphic to the front using a z-index {z-index:2;}, and leave a little over lap.

i've found that w3schools.com has some great tutorials, i always endup going back to that site whenever i forget something (um...don't feel like figuring 'it' out again).

spwebdesign

Reaction score
Great progress!!

I like the theme in red much better though some of the words in you logo are hard to read against the red background, I would outline them in white (like you did with "myriad.")

keep it up!

walidno1

Reaction score
mm.....hey m8, do u like the yellow theme?? (ignore the menu bar, its **** and I will chnage it when I get the time)........so, give me some feedback.......and any idea on how to really improve it....

on advice from a very good friend and experienced web designer, I am considering changing the header to blue :D