ASCII Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezandew

Reaction score
Hi. I am following a website explaining how to use a CGI script that will email the results of a form to me. However, I am not exactly sure how to do the following instruction:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Upload newname.pl ~ Now that FormMail.pl is properly configured and given a new name (i.e. newname.pl), it's time to upload it to your website's cgi-bin directory. Make sure that you upload newname.pl in ASCII mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I upload it in ASCII mode? I'm not even sure what ASCII mode is? I've also got another question. The instruction after that says:

Set file permissions ~ Use the chmod command in your FTP program or use your website's control panel to change the file permissions of newname.pl to 755 (rwx r-x r-x). When setting file permissions, you will most likely be confronted with a dialog that allows you to set permissions to the selected file according to three categories: Owner, Group and Other. Beside each category will be three settings: Read, Write and Execute. Set them as follows:
Owner - click to check Read, Write, Execute
Group - click to check Read and Execute (clear Write)
Other - click to check Read and Execute (clear Write)

Assistance please?

References: The website I am following is http://www.ironspider.ca/forms/nmsform.htm.

Thanks,

E&E

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
This is a programming help question... It should be in Programming Help Section...
We have many user that can help you...

anyways: I don`t know much about ASCII but i can tell you how to change permission of file.

Go to cpanel file manager... then select the file on which you want to change the permission...

Then click on change permission on TOP of cpanel file mamnger..
attachment.php

here enter 755 and click Submit...
Your file Permission are now changed to 755

Attachments

• chmod.JPG
    chmod.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

gomarc

Reaction score

How do I upload it in ASCII mode? I'm not even sure what ASCII mode is? ...

When using a FTP client to transfer files between your computer and the website like FileZilla, you can select the transfer type as Auto, ASCII, and Binary. Usually Auto will work just fine.

24q34zq.jpg

You can get more information here: http://wiki.filezilla-project.org/Data_Type

ezandew

Reaction score
Thank you for the quick reply! I'll try out what you've said soon. :biggrin:

Thanks,

E&E

Status
Not open for further replies.