Asp .net question

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycrosis

Reaction score
I tried getting the BlogEngine.net starter kit from asp.net running on x10hosting and ran into the old Dll exception Gdiplus.dll not found. After debugging I realized thats because System.Web references System.Drawing which in turn references GdiPlus. After rebuilding the kit with the mono library I learned that even if I built it on Ubundu with mono i'd still get the same error because it always maps to GdiPlus.dll and is resolved with dllmapping set in the app config file as such.

<configuration>
<dllmap dll = "gdiplus.dll" target= "libgdiplus.so"/> ( or libgdiplus.dll.so or libgdiplus.so.0)?!
</configuration>

Searching the board I deduced that x10hosting can't support the mapping until cPanel supports it.
Does anyone know if this is correct, or am I missing something?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
This is a programming help issue, not a free hosting issue. People who frequently visit this forum will not be as equipped to answer your programming questions. The programming-help forum is here.

Also, a quick search of the forum revealed people with related issues.

~Twinkie

Last edited:

psycrosis

Reaction score
Sorry I forget sometimes not everyone is a programmer... I actually was hoping someone knew something about the configuration of the hosting server that could help. As far as I'm concerned the issue is solved and you can't load a .net or mono assembly that references system libraries on here yet and was hoping to confirm that. I guess I did go a little too geek in the wrong place though. I kind of have the tendancy to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.