ASP.NET throwing GDIPlus.dll exception

peterloaf

Reaction score
Hi X10,

The following script was posted on another site. I've been following a ASP.NET tutorial from this site for the past few days. Unfortunately, the script isn't compiling here at X10. Actually, the script wouldn't compile at another host either with the same exception being thrown. I was hoping a little light could be shed on why it won't compile. * I should also mention that if the RangeValidator control is removed, the script compiles fine*. It seems to be a pretty fundamental and understandable piece of VB. Now, a third site, a simillar issue made it to their forum. The admin pointed out that that particular host does not support the GDIPlus.dll. Could that be the case here at X 10? If so, I can work around it. I just wanted to make sure that I'm not doing something fundamentally wrong that may affect my future scripts.

Any help or response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

************************************** Script*************************

<html>
<body>

<form runat="server">
<p>Enter a number from 1 to 100:
<asp:TextBox id="tbox1" runat="server" />
<br /><br />
<asp:Button Text="Submit" runat="server" />
</p>

<p>
<asp:RangeValidator
ControlToValidate="tbox1"
MinimumValue="1"
MaximumValue="100"
Type="Integer"
Text="The value must be from 1 to 100!"
runat="server" />
</p>
</form>

</body>
</html>

************************************Exception thrown************************

System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000]
Edit:
please disregard this thread/post. I just found out that x10 aspnet has mono (thanks hue). Sorry for the confusion . I don't know how to delete my thread/post, otherwise i would.

hi x10,

the following script was posted on another site. I've been following a asp.net tutorial from this site for the past few days. Unfortunately, the script isn't compiling here at x10. Actually, the script wouldn't compile at another host either with the same exception being thrown. I was hoping a little light could be shed on why it won't compile. * i should also mention that if the rangevalidator control is removed, the script compiles fine*. it seems to be a pretty fundamental and understandable piece of vb. Now, a third site, a simillar issue made it to their forum. The admin pointed out that that particular host does not support the gdiplus.dll. Could that be the case here at x 10? If so, i can work around it. I just wanted to make sure that i'm not doing something fundamentally wrong that may affect my future scripts.

Any help or response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

************************************** script*************************

<html>
<body>

<form runat="server">
<p>enter a number from 1 to 100:
<asp:textbox id="tbox1" runat="server" />
<br /><br />
<asp:button text="submit" runat="server" />
</p>

<p>
<asp:rangevalidator
controltovalidate="tbox1"
minimumvalue="1"
maximumvalue="100"
type="integer"
text="the value must be from 1 to 100!"
runat="server" />
</p>
</form>

</body>
</html>

************************************exception thrown************************

system.dllnotfoundexception: Gdiplus.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) system.drawing.gdiplus:gdiplusstartup (ulong&,system.drawing.gdiplusstartupinput&,system.drawing.gdiplusstartupoutput&)
at system.drawing.gdiplus..cctor () [0x00000]

please disregard this thread/post. I just found out that x10 aspnet has mono (thanks hue). Sorry for the confusion . I don't know how to delete my thread/post, otherwise i would

Last edited:

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score

peterloaf

Reaction score
Misson,

Thanks for the help. I'll consult Hue's ASP.NET/MONO tutorial. You're absolutely right. I should solve my own solutions.

I still can't close the thread however. I would close this thread; however KKenny inidicated, in a previous post, that I can find "Close Thread" under "Thread Tools". Unfortunately, it's not showing up in the drop-down.

Any Ideas?

Pete