.asp not working

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
you need to use mod_mono and add file handlers for the .asp, .aspx, etc types in the root htaccess. I've never done this myself, but there are a couple of good threads on it if you do a search.

rajbrijesh

Reaction score
I could not understand that what exactly to be done in .htaccess I set mod_mono to .asp & .aspx by Apache handler but it is not working.

rajbrijesh

Reaction score
Thanks for reply,But There is no button for MIME Type in cpanel there is a button for Apache handler only.I set mod_mono & application/mono to .asp & .aspx by Apache handler but it is not working.

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
You need to add this to the htaccess:
Code:
AddType application/mono .aspx .ascx .asax .ashx .config .cs .asmx .axd

BTW, ASP doesn't work. Only ASP.NET.

Last edited:

greatone

Reaction score
I wrote this line in the .htaccess in the public_html AND added
Mime Type: application/mono
Extension(s): .aspx .ascx .asax .ashx .config .cs .asmx .axd in the cPanel

AND it definately DOESN`T ****ING WORK!!!!

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
What, exactly, isn't working? Is the page not being interpreted by Mono? Are you getting error messages? Please post a minimal test case and a link to a live page.

Without the above information, it's impossible to tell what isn't working.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am sorry but ASP is not supported by X10hosting, only ASP.NET using Apache mono handlers. If you want to run ASP (I would recommend upgrading to asp.net), then you should seek out hosting that uses IIS on a Microsoft platform.

greatone

Reaction score
It is asp.net!

As I wrote I added the mime types in the htaccess and in the cpanel BUT still the browser wants to download the aspx.Site...

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
This works for me:

Delete any lines from all of your .htaccess files that are related to mono or asp.net
Delete any handlers from cPanel that deal with mono or asp.net
Leave it like that.

greatone

Reaction score
Now I got following error message:

Server Error in '/' Application

The section <authentication> can't be defined in this configuration file (the allowed definition context is 'MachineToApplication'). (/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/PL/web.config line 32)

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.
Stack Trace:
System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The section <authentication> can't be defined in this configuration file (the allowed definition context is 'MachineToApplication'). (/home/xxx/public_html/xxx/PL/web.config line 32)
at System.Configuration.SectionInfo.ReadData (System.Configuration.Configuration config, System.Xml.XmlReader reader, Boolean overrideAllowed) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Configuration.Configuration config, Boolean overrideAllowed, Boolean root) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadData (System.Configuration.Configuration config, System.Xml.XmlReader reader, Boolean overrideAllowed) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadContent (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Configuration.Configuration config, Boolean overrideAllowed, Boolean root) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.SectionGroupInfo.ReadRootData (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.Configuration.Configuration config, Boolean overrideAllowed) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.Configuration.ReadConfigFile (System.Xml.XmlReader reader, System.String fileName) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.Configuration.Load () [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.Configuration.Init (IConfigSystem system, System.String configPath, System.Configuration.Configuration parent) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor (System.Configuration.InternalConfigurationSystem system, System.String locationSubPath) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.Configuration..ctor (System.Configuration.InternalConfigurationSystem system, System.String locationSubPath) [0x00000]
at System.Configuration.InternalConfigurationFactory.Create (System.Type typeConfigHost, System.Object[] hostInitConfigurationParams) [0x00000]
at System.Web.Configuration.WebConfigurationManager.OpenWebConfiguration (System.String path, System.String site, System.String locationSubPath, System.String server, System.String userName, System.String password) [0x00000]

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I found this:

That is because your IDE Web Developer 2008 runs the .NET 3.5 framework which is not fully implemented on mono. Mono is still currently using the .net 2.0 framework with on going work to complete 3.0/3.5 extensions. To see what's completed check the class status page.

Here: http://www.gotmono.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1205262536/2