.asp pages are not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdragonwolf

Reaction score
i have hosted my asp pages on brinkster before and it worked fine, but for some reason my asp pages are not working on this server... plz help.

web page:
rune.x10hosting.com

thank you,
drdragonwolf (david)

does the server support .asp extensions? whenever i click on the page to open it, it's all text...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
ASP is usually for Windows, we run Linux... I think there is something to emulate it if it was written in pearl though.

-Corey

drdragonwolf

Reaction score
Corey said:
ASP is usually for Windows, we run Linux... I think there is something to emulate it if it was written in pearl though.

-Corey

how can i find the program to emulate?

drdragonwolf

Reaction score
does n e body have n e idea how to port over asp to another language that will work on linux server? I'm using windows and that is the asp is the language that windows will recognize

Richard

Reaction score
Apache::ASP

Normaly I would say ditch ASP and use PHP insterad. Its not hard especily if you already the basics of programming but if you are still not convinced you can go to http://www.apache-asp.org/

If you were to use this method someone would have to modify your account ti use it.

I still think you should WAMP your PC
Windows
Apache
MySQL
PHP

:teeth_smi

Rhianna

Reaction score
drdragonwolf said:
does n e body have n e idea how to port over asp to another language that will work on linux server? I'm using windows and that is the asp is the language that windows will recognize

drdragonwolf,

I am not totally sure if this is what you are looking for or not. Even if it is what you are looking for, I don't know if Corey or Auvee would allow it. If this looks like the emulator that could help you please please please PM Corey or Auvee first to confirm that it is okay.

YAZE
YAZE is an excellent Z80 simulator, written in ANSI C, that works on many architectures. It is fast, simulates undocumented opcodes and passes instruction regression tests against real Z80 hardware.
Click above to learn how to use CP/M 3.0 on YAZE

Also read this article:
Server clinic: Emulate legacy operating systems on Linux here:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-sc14.html

I hope this helps you; otherwise, you might want to take Seeker_952's advice and learn PHP.

prasys

Reaction score
ASP...I dunno , maybe its not installed on this server. PHP is the way to go..You need to find Microsoft Hosting for that , if you need ASP and all other windows stuff..ASP.net needs Windows XP/Windows Server 2003 to host it.

You might not able to configure Apache in the server because there is no Shell Account and you are not the Admin of the server. Its better to go with PHP for host your ASP Pages elsewhere

drdragonwolf

Reaction score
I am quite familiar with asp =p. well i guess i have to find a different approach. I will look more into the emulator, and I will make sure that it is 100% alright with corey before I post I promise. Thanks guys... This site rocks! =)

BTW i can't do anything with my site right now??? for some reason it says "there is no site configured at this url"... I hope it wasn't locked or shut down =( .

prasys

Reaction score
Just curious , if there is a emulator for it...I think It will need SSH/Terminal/Shell for it.

Richard

Reaction score
The program to run ASP files is part of the apache group.

It requires mod_perl and a whole lot of seting up mainly in the httpd.conf file

Richard

Reaction score
Only if on of the admins applied it to the server for him, but with the service x10 offer its a possibility that they would doo that.

(but not untill after the servers fixed)

Status
Not open for further replies.