ASP source displaying, (Domain working incorrectly too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash242450

Reaction score
Hi, I've not got much experience with servers so I have no idea what's going on.

http://socialglobe.x10.mx/
Redirects me to an error. I've put a default.asp file in my public_html folder.

However, if I go to:
http://socialglobe.x10.mx/home/trapping/public_html/default.asp
I can see the source of the default.asp file. Surely this isn't meant to be happening?

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
ASP is not supported on the Free Hosting servers. You would have to upgrade to one of the paid plans.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Note, too, that ASP ("classic") is not supported on the paid plans either -- that requires VBScript support, which means either Windows servers or Arrowhead or Cloudfoundry in conjunction with a JavaServer Pages environment. (You can probably cobble together an Arrowhead or Cloudfoundry installation on a VPS.) What is supported is ASP.NET, which can run on Mono in a Linux server environment. The filename extension for ASP.NET pages is ASPX, not ASP, and it uses the .NET languages (VB.NET, C#, etc.) rather than VBScript.

ash242450

Reaction score
Note, too, that ASP ("classic") is not supported on the paid plans either -- that requires VBScript support, which means either Windows servers or Arrowhead or Cloudfoundry in conjunction with a JavaServer Pages environment. (You can probably cobble together an Arrowhead or Cloudfoundry installation on a VPS.) What is supported is ASP.NET, which can run on Mono in a Linux server environment. The filename extension for ASP.NET pages is ASPX, not ASP, and it uses the .NET languages (VB.NET, C#, etc.) rather than VBScript.

I guess you need to have a payed for ASP.NET too?

The domain problems seem to've fixed themselves though.

Thanks for helping me so far. I must've not read the plan details properly.

Edit
Their free plan does mention ASP.NET, but source is displaying on ASPX pages too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.