ASP - Supported?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterMax1313

Reaction score
I was wondering, is ASP supported (able to execute) here? I read the post here http://forums.x10hosting.com/free-h...rver-pages.html?highlight=active+server+pages, but it didn't mention classic ASP. According to http://www.free-webhosts.com/reviews/X10Hosting.php, x10 does support it, however, I wanted to check and find out straight from the horse's mouth (so to speak).

Yes, I too like PHP better, but for this particular project, ASP would come in very handy (developer very familiar with ASP, but not so good with PHP, and time tends to push us to ASP).

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not that familiar with ASP at all since I'm a PHP guy...

I believe we now have support for asp .NET; This isn't what you're looking for though?

-Corey

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
ASP is something evreyone is familiar with since you propably know one of the languages ASP suports. But in my opinion you could ask in the tech forums for ways around the problems or familiarity issues you are having with PHP so you don't have to mix your pages.

MasterMax1313

Reaction score
I believe we now have support for asp .NET; This isn't what you're looking for though?

Not quite, while ASP.NET is nice (from what I've heard, classic asp, through the use of VB script and or J script, is what I'm looking for with classic ASP.

But in my opinion you could ask in the tech forums for ways around the problems or familiarity issues you are having with PHP so you don't have to mix your pages.

I understand that this would be the ideal situation, but this is for a project that will be due very soon (next month or so), so gaining familiarity in the aspects that are needed simply isn't an option this time (though I would like to gain better familiarity with PHP).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.