aspx help plz

amjames

Reaction score
Im trying to save form data to mysql database. Do I use an sql connection or an odbc connection as I have searched the net and I have seen both used. (im using c# just incase you need to know)

Also when I used the sql connection I had the following error

Server Error in '/web app' Application

Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

Description: HTTP 500. Error processing request.
Stack Trace:
Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.TdsTimeoutException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
at Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.TdsComm..ctor (System.String dataSource, Int32 port, Int32 packetSize, Int32 timeout, TdsVersion tdsVersion) [0x00000]
at Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.Tds..ctor (System.String dataSource, Int32 port, Int32 packetSize, Int32 timeout, TdsVersion tdsVersion) [0x00000]
at Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.Tds70..ctor (System.String server, Int32 port, Int32 packetSize, Int32 timeout) [0x00000]
at Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.TdsConnectionPoolManager.CreateConnection (Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.TdsConnectionInfo info) [0x00000]
at Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.TdsConnectionPool.CreateConnection () [0x00000]
at Mono.Data.Tds.Protocol.TdsConnectionPool.GetConnection () [0x00000]
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open () [0x00000] Version information: Mono Version: 2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

can anyone help please

Last edited:

MasterMax1313

Reaction score
You should be able to use a connection string in the web.config file if you specify the provider for MySQL. Not 100% sure, but that's the theory.