Aviation Photography - How does my site stack up?

kyuusei

Reaction score
http://www.fox1photography.co.cc/

I wanted the site to be simple so as to focus attention to my photography, rather than graphics or text. I'm not too sure about the flash galleries I have right now, but I'm in being lazy and Adobe Lightroom's auto export flash gallery function was easier to set up than any other solution.

Critiques are welcome!

Ainokea

Reaction score
Like you said you rather focus on photography.. but I think the experience would be boosted if your website layout was more aviation type, maybe even using your own pictures to make a layout. The galleries a re very nice though... you shoot them all your self?

xmakina

Reaction score
The site "bleeds" off to the right and without any scroll bars it can be very confusing to look at.

The galleries are fine although a brief instruction guide (certainly explain what icon puts it into "filmstrip" mode) wouldn't go amiss. Also, put some information on your pictures such as what type of plane, what it's doing etc.

Spotting: "of aircraft they see, I gyrate towards the " It's gravitate. Gyrate is something different. Sexy different.

I think the colour scheme works well, the header provides all the needed colour. The only thing I would suggest is make the text a little darker so colour blind people don't struggle with the grey on white.

8/10

Scott B

Reaction score
I'm not sure I know much about aviation and such, but I will say that the design is very nice and simple. I suppose my only suggestion is to not make the red headers aligned all the way to the far right.

Good luck :p

kyuusei

Reaction score
Yeah, all that stuff is mine. It wouldn't be very good if my own photography website is filled with photos that I didn't personally take would it?

Thanks for catching that xmakina.

Both you and scottbu123 mention something about how the site is aligned to the right. Can you guys clarify?

Last edited:

Salvatos

Prime Account
Reaction score
While we're talking language, check this: "While there are many people who infact do log the the type"
Otherwise, I don't have anything bad to say about the site, except that it's uselessly a little bit wider than 1024, putting a scroll bar at the bottom. I guess that's what the others meant with bleeding.

Scott B

Reaction score
Both you and scottbu123 mention something about how the site is aligned to the right. Can you guys clarify?
For example, if you go to the "about" page, the headers (About the Site, About Me, etc.) are aligned to the right.

tregtar

Reaction score
Beautiful pics. Did you do all the photography? I'll have to show my friend's kid. He's 6 and absolutely loves planes. He's going to love your site. Thanks for sharing.

kyuusei

Reaction score
...Yes, all the photos are mine.

I aligned those "header" texts to the right so that it'll help define the right side edge of the page.

As for the width of the page, I'm pretty sure I set it to match the exact width of the banner/header, which is 1000 pixels across. I might of messed up my math somewhere though, I'll have to double check.

RRJJMM

Reaction score
Nice tasteful site. I like the minimalist feel that does not distract from the content. A couple of additions, might help with the asthetics.

Although I like the header, the gray on white for the rest of the content is not easy to read or look at for long periods. Large areas of white can be problematic when you consider all the folks out there with realy big, bright monitors. They would need some dark aveator sun glasses to view your site :cool:.

Also, (and I think some others have referred to this as well), it can be a little difficult to tell where your content area ends and the left or right margins begin.

Good luck, (BTW: nice photo's)

Dan

Reaction score
Nice header.
Simple.
Easy to read.
Absolutely brilliant photos by the way :)
Overall, great site!
9/10