Avoiding ad problems!

mskprathap

Reaction score
In reference to Announcement made by Corey here:-
http://x10hosting.com/announcement.php?f=7

I will suggest that there be a system in place which itself puts ads on members pages.

Members have option of choosing where they want it to appear or may be it can be made in Footer Only.

This way those who have to place ads and don't simply can't escape it.And also whatever changes need to be done regarding ads in future,can be done from one centralised system from host.

Please see if its workable or not.
Many free hosts who put adverts,do it themselves,since members can skip it by having slow loading flash that has position over the ad place,so ads go invisible after initial loading.

mskprathap

kontacto

Reaction score
I am not in agreement with a automatic system of banners. The design of the Web site is very important. I think banner would have to see complete when the page visualizes to a resolution of 1024x768 pixels. The members must be legal and to put banner visible. They receive good free hosting.

icely

Reaction score
i also don't agree with you coz as kontacto said a while ago, the design is very important and it can alter the layout itself. it's the responsibility of the user to put ads and the responsibility of the host to monitor all the sites.

Rhianna

Reaction score
Now there's a Staff Discussion Sub-Forum at PCRiot. I suggest that suggestions such as this one be placed there.

mskprathap,
Your input is welcome. Please write your future policy ideas in the Staff Discussion sub-forum.

Thanks.

mskprathap said:
In reference to Announcement made by Corey here:-
http://x10hosting.com/announcement.php?f=7

I will suggest that there be a system in place which itself puts ads on members pages.

Members have option of choosing where they want it to appear or may be it can be made in Footer Only.

This way those who have to place ads and don't simply can't escape it.And also whatever changes need to be done regarding ads in future,can be done from one centralised system from host.

Please see if its workable or not.
Many free hosts who put adverts,do it themselves,since members can skip it by having slow loading flash that has position over the ad place,so ads go invisible after initial loading.

mskprathap

nicholas

Reaction score
i am also against having an automatic ads system. what i would like to suggest is having a proper faq where members can and must read regarding such matters like how to put ads etc which of course is right up there with the rest of the menu in this forum :D

Conor

Reaction score
You could do a popup but we all know they are very annoying. I think forced ads that automatically are placed on the page are a bad thing for a host and don't help their reputation.