awsome under construction page

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I am not sure how, but without any links, low search ratings, and no pages, my under construction page has reached 1108 page views (not including my own) with 210 unique IPs. How does a page with practically nothing on it achieve this?

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
It is a very nice under construction page, I must admit. Well, there's another 1 unique visitor for you. I have a feeling not many people are looking at my under construction page

Dazz

Reaction score
Damn, I fell for both lol.......... Twinkie = awesome.... so much better than my own crappy 'under update' page which will have to remain until my email account finally gets fixed LOL....

And garrettroyce.......... I like it, very minimalistic and unpretentious....... a kind of quiet understated class LMFAO

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
Lol, you have a point. I spent so much time on my under construction page, my site will suck :p

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey, I'm not gonna lie. I have absolutely nothing done so far (at least nothing visual except a few var_dumps and errors). Yeah, I could download a template and fill it with fluff and glitter, but I'd rather spend the time working on the actual project :p

tittat

Reaction score
Twinkie, from where do you get all your traffic from??? Search engines???

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I have no idea, and the stats are only for that page. Maybe search engines index my page at high frequencies, since my IP logging is not so advanced as to tell me if it is a bot or not, and awstats cannot distinguish pages or ignore my IP. Maybe people are genuinely interested to see what it will become?? Or maybe it is just an awsome page??

zen-r

Reaction score
Twinkie, your "under construction" site is identical & shows exactly the same number of visitors as your other site, http://twinkie.pcriot.com which is always shown in your sig.

If these are linked sites, surely most of your 210 unique IP visitors are clicking through from the sig in your 791 posts here in x10 forums?

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
That is most likely it, but no one has signed up for any of the other links I put in my sig -_-

Anyway, the visitors visited the same page about 5 times, which is strange because after they see it has nothing on it, they would probably not go there again. I know I didn't go to garrettroyce under construction page several time. There is my confusion zenr.

I put a poll there to see if anyone answers it, but I am now 90% sure it was search engines. Too bad, I thought I had something special going on o_O

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
well, I gave you about 40 traffic hehe. I just hit the refresh button 40 times. It shows that counter isn't too accurate.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
I will but your ip in the ip ignore list, now you can never be counted again o_O

Last edited:

zen-r

Reaction score
Ichwar will just use a proxy. He always finds a way of getting through.

He's been banned hundreds of times over here, but he still keeps coming back for more! ;)

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I will but your ip in the ip ignore list, now you can never be counted again o_O
good luck, you don't know my ip. you'd have to code some additional stuff to figure that out. but by then, I'll just figure out a sneakier way to visit your site.

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
You can still visit my site, you just will not counted as a visitor ;)

You right though, all my ip logging does is give me a list of IPs, not very helpfull.

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
it's obviously not very helpful as the counter keeps going up when I visit. this is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yahoo.gif

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
It does work! You stop using proxies before I have to block everyone!

Last edited:

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It does work! You stop using proxies before I have to block everyone!
hehe. I'm having too much fun. Why not just block everyone? That would be a wonderful site.
yahoo.gif

ichwar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
twinkie, did you unblock that page? because I tried again from my personal browser and I drove the counter up another 10.
yahoo.gif