background

Nightmare Demon

Reaction score
When working on a web site be it building a new one or updating one or even just doing a bit of coding for a programing do you have anything on in the background like music /tv or don't you like to have anything on while you work ?

For me I have to have some metal playing while I work on any code just seems to help me clear my mind and get on with the work at hand

Twinkie

Banned
Reaction score
No, I get distracted with music or TV, but I get a head ache after a while of working. It's so confusing!

FalseHope

Reaction score
I have music on, any kind really, I also have my T.V on too. Nothing really affects me, expect chatting, which distracts me, a lot.

Hazirak

Reaction score
I usually have my TV on, but I don't really pay much attention to it (unless Mythbusters is on, of course) - oddly enough, I work better in a little less than complete silence.

oiwio

Reaction score
mostly TV, sometimes music, sometimes forums and sometimes even a game

sunils

Reaction score
i just design my page hearing to a music. that keeps me always busy and it increases my concentration in my work and at last the outcome is great

dwd2000

Reaction score
TV.
I have 10 year old twin boys and I'm in the habit of having the cartoon network on, unless there's a NASCAR race, hockey game, or baseball game on. Sometimes,I have the Discovery channel on. I just listen to it, because the TV is behind me as I'm working. I can't stand silence. Music can be too distracting because I get more interested in the songs, than what I'm doing. Of course, when the twins are home and awake, I don't get much done either.

mender42

Reaction score
Funny you should mention twins. It's been years since my twins were that young, but I must say it was them who got me used to working in an uproar!
As a Mom I worried when it got quiet! (Uh oh that can't be good...)

Now I have to have music on or the TV, just to seem normal. :biggrin:

Last edited:

dwd2000

Reaction score
Funny you should mention twins. It's been years since my twins were that young, but I must say it was them who got me used to working in an uproar!

Yes, silence is not a good sign. It usually means they are up to something.

bonbon

Reaction score
Thats a good comment

Like me, not even designing or making layout on a site, but I create also background musc, but mtv's videos not

Nightmare Demon

Reaction score

I know what you mean im got 4 kids all below the age of 10 so noise is normal for me the louder the better lol

wolf693

Reaction score
I can't stand complete silence! I always have my music turned up or the TV turned on. I can't work when I'm talking to people though, I can't think of two things at once!