Backup an SQL database on Lotus

Status
Not open for further replies.

yulifan

Reaction score
Hi

My SQL database on Lotus was restored yesterday.

I would like to know if there is any way to save it or download it to my hard drive in order to have it as a backup.

I looked for any link or way to do it in the cpanel but I didn't find anything.

That database was used by Joomla on my now deleted website, I don't know how to access it or code it with sql language.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Cpanel > phpmyadmin > export > save as a file (i think, similar wording on the box at the bottom - you should tick the tickbox) > Click Go.

That's off the top of my head, please confirm you've managed to do it.

yulifan

Reaction score
Hey Martin

I did as you said and downloaded the sql db as a zip file and it worked.

Thank you. :biggrin:

Now another question, it was a Joomla database and my joomla files on public_html were deleted. Support only restored my database and not my files. :happysad:

If I install Joomla again, over the same database, will it delete my contents? What's the best way to restore my Joomla site?

Reaction score
On Joomla I think you can choose how you want content to be saved. eg: either in files or on the database.

If your content was saved on the database just upload the joomla files and put in the right details to connect to the database/user.

yulifan

Reaction score
All this Lotus failure is so confusing and frustrating.

I thought they'd backup the database and the files up to march 3rd, but they only restored the database.

Most of my articles on Joomla used images on the www directory and now all those images are lost, it will be a big trouble to restore them.

By any chance, do you know if they have file backups up to march 3rd?

Last edited:

yulifan

Reaction score
I think I will create my website from scratch on another hosting service. X10hosting has had problems since I signed up in august 2008.

I had an addon domain and now it's not working, even if I create it again. :happysad:

Status
Not open for further replies.