Backup my website ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhishek66ster

Reaction score
Where can I backup my website? I don't want to use R1 Soft Backup. Is there any other way? I just want to make a standard backup. Please help me. IS there any online service to do so?:nuts:

Danielx386

Reaction score
Yes you can backup your website. In cpanel under file manager, there is a option to make a zip file that has all the files that is in your public_html folder. you can then download that file onto your computer. Do you need to backup your database as well?

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
You could create or download a script to do this for you, but there is no automated tool besides R1.

Danielx386 mentioned the zip file tool in CPanel, but you have to select the files you want backed up manually every time you do a backup.

Last edited:

abhishek66ster

Reaction score
Yes you can backup your website. In cpanel under file manager, there is a option to make a zip file that has all the files that is in your public_html folder. you can then download that file onto your computer. Do you need to backup your database as well?

Yes I need a backup of my website as-well.

ah-blabla

Reaction score
BTW, you can set up an automatic backup using cron + shell scripting. I'm not sure whether you can do SQL backup through a shell script, but you can use something like php MyBackup, which you can have cron calling whenever you want a backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.