Backup Your System

onlinebibles

Reaction score
Hi, Backup your system, with Acronis True Image Software, You can backup all your system with windows operating system, and can be restored in the disaster time. For more information http://www.acronis.com.

frankfriend

Reaction score
I completely agree that backup is essential! We usually find out it was not done, just after everything crashes and cannot be restorerd!

You also MUST check and test the Restore functions! There are often harrowing tales of damaged tapes, and broken backup disks. Using and external service as well is a wise precaution.

Smaller systems / sites can of course be backed up on to dvd's etc.

comunidaduser31

Reaction score
Best buckap metod?

1-buckup sql from phpmyqdmin
2-compress files with cpanel file manager
3- download it.
4- send one copy to email provider
5- Pry to your email account dont be hacked, to your computer dont be crashed, and your files be deleted at the same time.

dslayerx

Reaction score
Backs ups are very important. Thanks for sharing all the different back up methods mates. Cheers :)

marana

Reaction score
But drop box - wont that application allow others to view our files?

Put your files in a private folder; do not put backups in a public or shared folder, unless you want them available to others. Private folders "should" be secure, but encrypting sensitive files prior to uploading adds an additional layer of security.

Note that Dropbox does not claim to be HIPAA-compliant, while CX does make the claim. While I may not be storing healthcare information, I wonder why they make the statement. Do they fear their security is not rock-solid, or did their lawyers just make them say that, since they are not targeting the healthcare industry. It may just have to do with target market differentiation. I use Dropbox routinely. I am just starting to try CX now.