Backup...

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamdrake76

Reaction score
My site was recently hacked, www.habbweekly.net , and I wonder if you guys have any backup for the sites you host, since in the cPanel I couldn't make a backup because you disabled the feature.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
x10hosting doesn't retain any backups of individual hosting accounts. You are responsible for your own backups, and could at anytime download all of your files from your cPanel and databases from phpmyadmin as a method of backing up your site. Unfortunately, since you didn't backup your site before, then it's a complete loss.

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I apologize that you feel this way, however the TOS did indicate backups were your responsibility. The backups we have are of the entire server, mostly in the event of a complete server failure since it's not possible to retrieve a single account from them.

In addition, the FAQ available in the Free Hosting section of the forums does have directions for processing a backup without the backup wizard; the link is here for future reference: http://x10hosting.com/forums/free-h...d-before-posting-new-thread-2.html#post695424

For now, as the issue is solved, I am closing this ticket. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.